Findlay, Ohio – A public celebration will be held 5-6 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 21, at the site of the new mural painted on the side of the First Federal Bank building at 301 S. Main St. in downtown Findlay. The mural, painted by artist Oscar Velasquez, depicts The University of Findlay and its ongoing partnership with the community. Coinciding with the Downtown Third Thursdays, which entail extended shopping hours until 8 p.m. and other activities, the celebration will kick off with a ribbon cutting by the Chamber of Commerce Redcoats. Velasquez, who will be present to sign prints of the mural, has painted nearly 30 murals in the area, including one featuring the Statue of Liberty on North Main Street, adjacent to the War Memorial. Derrick the Oiler and the UF cheerleaders will be on hand to help add spirit to the celebration. The mural is co-sponsored by The University of Findlay, First Federal Bank, Drake, Phillips, Kuenzli & Clark law firm, Assured Title Agency and The Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Findlay – programs of the Findlay-Hancock County Alliance.
- Education and legal experts to speak at UF as Woodrow Wilson Visiting FellowsPosted February 27, 2015
- UF’s only decathlete is also entrepreneurPosted February 27, 2015
- Make a positive impact, celebrate Absolutely Incredible Kid DayPosted February 20, 2015
- Tomlins: Mentoring makes a differencePosted February 20, 2015
- UF Employees Recognized for Years of ServicePosted April 15, 2013
- Biology Major to Study Abroad in AustraliaPosted February 4, 2014
- Broadway Concert Series Established by Donnell FamilyPosted January 23, 2012
- Stults Takes on Dance MarathonPosted October 31, 2013
- Stephen Dacre on:Grant Funds to Keep Students on Path to Graduation
- kmeghan on:Polelle Releases New Lecture on Audible, Addresses World War II and its Lasting Legacy
- kmeghan on:New Student-Run Business at The University of Findlay Will Offer Fresh, Local Produce
- Fajr Yassin on:UF Employees Recognized for Years of Service
- animal science art biology Board of Trustees campus events Campus Program Board College of Business College of Education College of Health Professions College of Liberal Arts College of Pharmacy College of Sciences communication Concert-Chorale Concert and Lecture Series English environmental safety and health management equestrian studies featured senior Habitat for Humanity Jack Taylor Japanese marketing mathematics Mazza Museum MBA music occupational therapy orchestra physical therapy political science pre-veterinary medicine public relations research scholarship senior forum study abroad summer travel Symphonic Band theatre The University of Findlay Toledo Symphony Orchestra University Advancement University of Findlay Visiting Executive
Social StreamSpring break = escaping to a warm, sunny place to relax, right? Well, almost. Our UF Habitat for Humanity and Oilers Serving Abroad groups are headed to warmer climates to get to work! Follow Stacey Sponsler and Jenna Irwin as they share their spring break experiences through their UFindlay #InstagramTakeovers.Congrats to our men's #OilerBasketball team! They clinched a share of their third straight Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) South Division title with an 86-70 win over Wayne State last night. They'll battle Saginaw Valley State in the first round of the GLIAC Tournament on March 4 in University Center, Mich.
GLIAC Tournament BracketDerrick's true identity was revealed at the game last night. Great job this year, Cole!
Thank you Cole Leon Ryan