Findlay, Ohio – A public celebration will be held 5-6 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 21, at the site of the new mural painted on the side of the First Federal Bank building at 301 S. Main St. in downtown Findlay. The mural, painted by artist Oscar Velasquez, depicts The University of Findlay and its ongoing partnership with the community. Coinciding with the Downtown Third Thursdays, which entail extended shopping hours until 8 p.m. and other activities, the celebration will kick off with a ribbon cutting by the Chamber of Commerce Redcoats. Velasquez, who will be present to sign prints of the mural, has painted nearly 30 murals in the area, including one featuring the Statue of Liberty on North Main Street, adjacent to the War Memorial. Derrick the Oiler and the UF cheerleaders will be on hand to help add spirit to the celebration. The mural is co-sponsored by The University of Findlay, First Federal Bank, Drake, Phillips, Kuenzli & Clark law firm, Assured Title Agency and The Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Findlay – programs of the Findlay-Hancock County Alliance.
- Old Testament Scholar to Speak at WinebrennerOctober 1, 2014
- Hendershot Receives Honor Society AwardOctober 1, 2014
- Gloves Going to AfricaOctober 1, 2014
- UF Alumni Association Bestows HonorsSeptember 30, 2014
- UF Employees Recognized for Years of ServiceApril 15, 2013
- Biology Major to Study Abroad in AustraliaFebruary 4, 2014
- Broadway Concert Series Established by Donnell FamilyJanuary 23, 2012
- Mazza Museum Hosts First Funday Sunday of Academic YearOctober 8, 2013
- Stephen Dacre on:Grant Funds to Keep Students on Path to Graduation
- kmeghan on:Polelle Releases New Lecture on Audible, Addresses World War II and its Lasting Legacy
- kmeghan on:New Student-Run Business at The University of Findlay Will Offer Fresh, Local Produce
- Horticulture Experts to Offer Gardening Presentation/Advice | UF Newsroom on:The University of Findlay Receives National Honors for Beautiful Campus
- animal science art biology Board of Trustees campus events Campus Program Board College of Business College of Education College of Health Professions College of Liberal Arts College of Pharmacy College of Sciences communication Concert-Chorale Concert and Lecture Series English English equestrian environmental safety and health management equestrian studies featured senior Habitat for Humanity Jack Taylor Japanese marketing mathematics Mazza Museum MBA music occupational therapy physical therapy political science pre-veterinary medicine public relations research scholarship senior forum student-athlete study abroad summer travel Symphonic Band theatre Toledo Symphony Orchestra University Advancement University of Findlay Visiting Executive
Social Stream2014 Homecoming Court Announced by The University of Findlay
10 students were recognized for this achievement
Ten students were named to The University of Findlay's 2014 homecoming court. Dallas Smith was crowned king and Miranda Roehler was crowned queen.Kudos to UF Class of '13 business management major Crystal (Dreyer) Ellerbrock!
Congratulations UF '13 Alumna Crystal (Dreyer) Ellerbrock who is a recipient of a 2014 20 Under 40 Leadership Recognition Award. The 20 Under 40 program focuses on individuals in NW Ohio and SE Michigan who are under the age of 40 and have distinguished themselves in their career and/or in the community. Crystal we are proud of you! #OilerProudUF's College of Pharmacy has raised more than $500 to purchase disposable rubber gloves for medical personnel who are treating West African Ebola victims.
Findlay African Student Association members donate money to Dr. Rick Dudley to help combat Ebola. The University of Findlay’s College of Pharmacy has raised more than $500 to purchase disposable rubber gloves for medical personnel who are treating West African Ebola victims. Dr. Rick Dudley, chair a…