Findlay, Ohio – A public celebration will be held 5-6 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 21, at the site of the new mural painted on the side of the First Federal Bank building at 301 S. Main St. in downtown Findlay. The mural, painted by artist Oscar Velasquez, depicts The University of Findlay and its ongoing partnership with the community. Coinciding with the Downtown Third Thursdays, which entail extended shopping hours until 8 p.m. and other activities, the celebration will kick off with a ribbon cutting by the Chamber of Commerce Redcoats. Velasquez, who will be present to sign prints of the mural, has painted nearly 30 murals in the area, including one featuring the Statue of Liberty on North Main Street, adjacent to the War Memorial. Derrick the Oiler and the UF cheerleaders will be on hand to help add spirit to the celebration. The mural is co-sponsored by The University of Findlay, First Federal Bank, Drake, Phillips, Kuenzli & Clark law firm, Assured Title Agency and The Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Findlay – programs of the Findlay-Hancock County Alliance.
- Artist and Illustrator C.F. Payne to Visit UFOctober 31, 2014
- Davidson to be UF’s Visiting Executive for Nov. 6 LectureOctober 30, 2014
- Givers to UF Honored at DinnerOctober 30, 2014
- UF Concert-Chorale to Carol in NovemberOctober 30, 2014
- UF Employees Recognized for Years of ServiceApril 15, 2013
- Biology Major to Study Abroad in AustraliaFebruary 4, 2014
- Broadway Concert Series Established by Donnell FamilyJanuary 23, 2012
- Mazza Museum Hosts First Funday Sunday of Academic YearOctober 8, 2013
- Stephen Dacre on:Grant Funds to Keep Students on Path to Graduation
- kmeghan on:Polelle Releases New Lecture on Audible, Addresses World War II and its Lasting Legacy
- kmeghan on:New Student-Run Business at The University of Findlay Will Offer Fresh, Local Produce
- Fajr Yassin on:UF Employees Recognized for Years of Service
- animal science art biology Board of Trustees campus events Campus Program Board College of Business College of Education College of Health Professions College of Liberal Arts College of Pharmacy College of Sciences communication Concert-Chorale Concert and Lecture Series English English equestrian environmental safety and health management equestrian studies featured senior Habitat for Humanity Jack Taylor Japanese marketing mathematics Mazza Museum MBA music occupational therapy physical therapy political science pre-veterinary medicine public relations research scholarship senior forum study abroad summer travel Symphonic Band theatre The University of Findlay Toledo Symphony Orchestra University Advancement University of Findlay Visiting Executive
Social StreamThat young #Oiler was 2013 Distinguished Alumnus Rear Admiral Edward L. Feightner (’41). We were honored to host him in #OilerNation this week for a visit, and he met with Dr. Fell. He was impressed with how campus has grown and changed since his days as a student! #TBT #OilerOctoberLast home game - let's fill the stands!
The Oilers football team will be at home for the final time this year when they take on Wayne State University on Nov. 1. The Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) contest is scheduled for a noon kickoff.Check out these painted pumpkins!
Record-setting 7th Annual Pumpkin Painting with 350+ in attendance for a great time of fall festivities!#TBT - The year was 1941, and this young #Oiler and chemistry major would march through the Arch and into the Navy. He became a World War II flying ace, test pilot, aviation innovator and commander. #OilerOctoberOiler Alums - here's an opportunity to support your college!
It's 12:00am and the College Giving Alumni Challenge has begun! Make a gift at give.findlay.edu and help lift your college to the top. You decide the amount and how it's designated. First college to reach 25 donors and the college wins a $250 bonus to their scholarship fund. Now's the time to give back and make a difference. http://ow.ly/DtKdc #CollegeGivingChallenge #OilerOctober