Findlay, Ohio – A public celebration will be held 5-6 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 21, at the site of the new mural painted on the side of the First Federal Bank building at 301 S. Main St. in downtown Findlay. The mural, painted by artist Oscar Velasquez, depicts The University of Findlay and its ongoing partnership with the community. Coinciding with the Downtown Third Thursdays, which entail extended shopping hours until 8 p.m. and other activities, the celebration will kick off with a ribbon cutting by the Chamber of Commerce Redcoats. Velasquez, who will be present to sign prints of the mural, has painted nearly 30 murals in the area, including one featuring the Statue of Liberty on North Main Street, adjacent to the War Memorial. Derrick the Oiler and the UF cheerleaders will be on hand to help add spirit to the celebration. The mural is co-sponsored by The University of Findlay, First Federal Bank, Drake, Phillips, Kuenzli & Clark law firm, Assured Title Agency and The Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Findlay – programs of the Findlay-Hancock County Alliance.
- Denecker Named to National BoardOctober 20, 2014
- Brazilian 2wins to Rock at UF Dance PartyOctober 20, 2014
- UF Theater Program to Stage “Rumors”October 15, 2014
- Marching Oiler Brass to Perform Free ConcertOctober 14, 2014
- UF Employees Recognized for Years of ServiceApril 15, 2013
- Biology Major to Study Abroad in AustraliaFebruary 4, 2014
- Broadway Concert Series Established by Donnell FamilyJanuary 23, 2012
- Mazza Museum Hosts First Funday Sunday of Academic YearOctober 8, 2013
- Stephen Dacre on:Grant Funds to Keep Students on Path to Graduation
- kmeghan on:Polelle Releases New Lecture on Audible, Addresses World War II and its Lasting Legacy
- kmeghan on:New Student-Run Business at The University of Findlay Will Offer Fresh, Local Produce
- Fajr Yassin on:UF Employees Recognized for Years of Service
- animal science art biology Board of Trustees campus events Campus Program Board College of Business College of Education College of Health Professions College of Liberal Arts College of Pharmacy College of Sciences communication Concert-Chorale Concert and Lecture Series English English equestrian environmental safety and health management equestrian studies featured senior Habitat for Humanity Jack Taylor Japanese marketing mathematics Mazza Museum MBA music occupational therapy physical therapy political science pre-veterinary medicine public relations research scholarship senior forum student-athlete study abroad summer travel Symphonic Band theatre Toledo Symphony Orchestra University Advancement University of Findlay Visiting Executive
Social StreamCongrats to UF's Jenna Jesko and Sam Yates for placing second out of 20 teams in the American Marketing Assoc. Collegiate Conference Harvest Farms Sports Promotions Competition at Aurora University last weekend! #OilerPrideThe perfect way to end Spirit Week in #OilerNation! #OrangeOutOur students were privileged to meet with leading Old Testament theologian, Dr. Walter Brueggemann this afternoon.
Discussion group with Dr Walter Brueggemann...! — with Josiah Parkhurst and 7 others.#OilerAlums - don't miss your chance to win an IPad Mini!
Win an Ipad mini? You still have time to share what's new with you for the chance to win! To enter the drawing, visit http://ow.ly/CaLFk and provide your contact information by October 20 at midnight. A winner will be drawn at random and announced here on The University of Findlay Alumni Association Facebook page. Contest rules: Updates provided between 8:00 am on Oct 3 through midnight on Oct 20 are eligible to enter the contest. Updates submitted before or after those dates and times will not be entered to win. Alumni can only enter one update per person for a chance to win. Only University of Findlay alumni are eligible. One name will be drawn at random at noon on Tuesday, October 21. The winner will be announced on The University of Findlay Alumni Association Facebook pageA presentation by Jeffrey M. Reutter, PH.D. October 16, 2014.From: UFindlayViews: 20 ratings
Time: 01:12:11 More in Education
Uploads by UFindlay | →