The University of Findlay will welcome acoustic guitarist Keegan McClellan as the performer on Feb. 12. This concert, which is part of the free Music Bach’s Concert Series, will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Alumni Memorial Union atrium.
McClellan is an acoustic guitar solo artist whose music is characterized by a mixture of techniques of modern fingerstyle. In 2008 McClellan turned down a scholarship opportunity at the University of Tennessee Knoxville’s jazz school to perfect and perform this new acoustic fingerstyle technique.
McClellan’s playing incorporates percussive strikes, hand tapping, alternate tunings and other types of unconventional techniques to create a piece of musical art. His original music pieces showcase the dedication he posses to his musical art form, and his desire to produce a sound that is musically inclined to multiple musical tastes.
In 2011 McClellan was selected as one of eight artists to compete in the Yamaha Six String Theory Guitar Contest and his original piece, “Kill the Prophets,” was featured and ranked on Gods of Indie Guitar 2011, which is an album featuring worldwide independent guitarists.
Music Bach’s Concert Series is a free concert series presented by UF’s Campus Program Board; and Student Activities, Commuter Services and Leadership Development. Campus Program Board is a student-led group that strives to bring high-quality, diverse entertainment to campus. Call 419-434-4606 for more information.
- A Passion for Service on an International Scale
- Serving the Armed Forces with Animal Science
- New Henderson Dining Hall Station Serving Allergen-Free Fare
- Memorial Service at UF to be Held in Remembrance of Former Board of Trustees Member
- UF Helping Hands Food Drive Collects More than 115,000 Pounds for Regional Residents in Need
- From Field Medic to Nursing Grad: Navy Veteran Uses Medical Experience to Earn BSN