The University of Findlay will host two entertainers on Wednesday, Feb. 8, in the Alumni Memorial Union. Both are open to the community.
From 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Atom the World’s Fastest Painter will be creating works of art in three minutes using only a can of spray paint and a knife. This event is free of charge.
At 8 p.m., Jay London, as seen on NBC’s “Last Comic Standing,” will entertain with his unique comedic style. London’s show is recommended for age 14 and older. Admission is $1 at the door for community members.
Atom first learned his technique while traveling in Mexico. His goal was to travel the world, bringing his artwork directly to the public and entertaining them while creating pieces of art. Since then, he has become popular both nationally and internationally, performing for ABC, Sony Pictures, RUN DMC and Universal Studios, among others.
London, a stand-up comedian from The Bronx, New York, appeared on seasons two and three of NBC’s “Last Comic Standing.” In addition to being a comedian, London also has appeared in several television shows including CBS’s “The King of Queens,” the game show “Street Smarts,” the TBS reality show “Minding the Store” and Bravo’s “All Star Reality Reunion.” He also made another appearance on “Last Comic Standing” in 2006. In 2007, London began filming the pilot for “The Jay London Show,” which appeared on his website.
These events are entirely managed and organized by a student-led organization, the Campus Program Board, which works to bring high-quality entertainment to The University of Findlay.
For more information, please contact the Campus Program Board at 419-434-4606.
- Stunning, Silly Stuntmen will Show Off Talents at UF
- Assistant Dean of Pharmacy Recognized for Work in the War Against Addiction
- Battling the Revival of Nicotine Addictions through Education
- Six Acclaimed Illustrators and Authors to Attend Mazza Museum’s ’19 Weekend Conference
- Leadership and Public Policy Pro Anita Perez Ferguson to Serve as ’19 Woodrow Wilson Visiting Fellow
- The Astronomical World of Harry Potter