Jeffrey Selingo has spent his journalism career covering the business of colleges and universities worldwide. The University of Findlay will host Selingo for a public presentation on Friday, Sept. 26, at 3 p.m. in Old Main’s Ritz Auditorium.
A contributing editor to The Chronicle of Higher Education and professor of practice at Arizona State University, Selingo’s work focuses on innovation in higher education and how students, parents and employers should value one of the biggest purchases in life, the college degree.
His book, “College (Un)Bound: The Future of Higher Education and What it Means for Students,” explores the college of tomorrow – how families will pay, what campuses will look like, how students will learn and what skills will lead to success in the job market.
Selingo is the former top editor of The Chronicle, where he worked for 16 years in a variety of reporting and editing roles. His writing has also appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal and The Huffington Post, and he is a contributor to the LinkedIn Influencer program, where users can follow his groundbreaking blog posts on higher education.
For more information, contact the Office of Marketing and Communication at 419-434-4520.
- Alumna hired by Cleveland Browns
- Ohio Veterinarian Follows in Father’s UF Board of Trustees Footsteps
- January ’19 Educator Workshops to Focus on Helping Children Contend with Loss
- At Birchaven, Art Bridges Generational, Cognitive Gaps
- From Notion to Reality: Research in Air Pollution Leads to New Chamber
- Game, Set, Match: Gatherings Offer Opportunities for Moving and Learning