The University of Findlay will be offering the perfect prelude to Valentine’s Day with Lindsay Benner’s “The Book of Love.”
The event, rated PG-13, is scheduled for 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 7 in the Alumni Memorial Union. Admission is free for UF students, faculty and staff with a valid school identification card. Community members will be admitted for $5 at the Frazer Street entrance only.
The union’s atrium will be transformed into a theater and refreshments will be available.
Attendees are invited to dress up and join the Campus Program Board as Benner shares the story of love and relationships via her one-woman show featuring physical stunts and comedy.
Inspired by classic vaudeville and the golden-era comedy, Benner has spent her life working tirelessly to perfect the art of making people happy. After graduating with a bachelor of fine arts in acting, she worked professionally in regional theater in the San Francisco Bay Area’s regional theater and then became a solo artist, showcasing her talents on the streets of San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf, to Busker festivals all over the world, and on “The Tonight Show” with Jay Leno. The impact that entertainers such as Bill Irwin and Janet McTeer have had on Benner are evident.
Benner has also appeared in the films such as “The Darwin Awards,” “The Lost Coast” and “Rhino.”
More information about Benner can be found at www.lindsaybenner.com.
Lindsay Benner’s “The Book of Love” is being presented by the University’s Campus Program Board, a student-led group that strives to bring high-quality, diverse entertainment to campus. Call 419-434-4606 for more information.
- A Storied Issue: Fall ’18 FindlayMag Features Fascinating Narratives
- Winter College ’19 to Feature Talks on Finance, Fitness, Fortitude
- Renowned “Mamma Mia!” Star Judy McLane to Perform at UF in January ‘19
- Hollywood Artist Baltazar and Artworks from His Children’s Sci-Fi Epic “Timeless” Coming to UF
- Algorithms, Arithmetic and Aristotle: Student Combines Philosophy and Mathematics in Studies and Life
- Equestrian Show Team Results - 12/1 & 12/2