The University of Findlay Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will combine forces under the direction of Jack Taylor, professor of music, for their annual Spring Concert on Sunday, April 29 at 3 p.m. in the Marathon Center for the Performing Arts.
The concert is free and open to the public.
Birth of a Nation is the theme for this year’s concert, which will center on music of the American Revolutionary and Civil wars. The bands will join together for a finale performance of a piece by Julie Giroux entitled “Ford McHenry Suite,” which tells the story of the creation of our National Anthem through music.
Featured soloist will be Brittany Nault, a senior biology major from Atkinson, New Hampshire. As winner of the 2017-18 UF Concerto Competition, she will perform “Fantasie Pastorale Hongraise” by Albert Franz Doppler.
Senior band members will be recognized, winners of the 2018-19 Scholarship and Concerto Competitions will be introduced and 25-year community members of the Symphonic Band will be recognized.
- Concert-Chorale and University Singers Presents "Revival"
- Sen. Rob McColley to Speak on Bail Reform at UF
- Prepare Your Flower Beds for Winter with Free Manure!
- Oilers got “Back in Orange & Black” for ’21 Homecoming
- UF to Join Ohio Cyber Range Institute
- Watterson’s $1M Gift to Benefit Findlay’s Environmental Program