The UF chapter of Students Teaching Respect for Individuals with Disabilities Everyday (STRIDE) will host an event on campus from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, in the Alumni Memorial Union at the fireside lounge.
The event, Spread the Word to End the Word, will raise awareness about the negative impact of using the word “retarded.”
Participants in the event will be asked to sign a banner to pledge to stop using the “r-word.”
Members of Special Kids Therapy, Special Olympics and the Allen County Down Syndrome Association will visit throughout the day.
STRIDE can be contacted through Mariah Hohman, STRIDE president, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Columbus Dispatch Reporter to Discuss Changing Media Landscape
- UF Toys for Tots ’19 Drive to Begin Monday
- Business Alum’s Oiler 10 Experience Gives Her an Edge
- Author Details Personal Accounts of Israeli-Palestinian Conflict During Book Reading
- A Passion for Service on an International Scale
- Serving the Armed Forces with Animal Science