The UF chapter of Students Teaching Respect for Individuals with Disabilities Everyday (STRIDE) will host an event on campus from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, in the Alumni Memorial Union at the fireside lounge.
The event, Spread the Word to End the Word, will raise awareness about the negative impact of using the word “retarded.”
Participants in the event will be asked to sign a banner to pledge to stop using the “r-word.”
Members of Special Kids Therapy, Special Olympics and the Allen County Down Syndrome Association will visit throughout the day.
STRIDE can be contacted through Mariah Hohman, STRIDE president, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unique Perspective: Alumnus Dallas Smith ’17 Believes in Service
- Prolific and Celebrated Prose Writer and Poet Nikki Grimes to Present at UF
- Broadway Sensation Laura Osnes to Perform at UF
- Athletics 101: Head Athletic Trainer at UF is More than Meets the Eye
- Cancer Fighting Compounds: Pharmacy Students Developing New Drug
- Lighting the Way: Sustainability Efforts Illuminating UF’s Western Farm