The UF chapter of Students Teaching Respect for Individuals with Disabilities Everyday (STRIDE) will host an event on campus from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, in the Alumni Memorial Union at the fireside lounge.
The event, Spread the Word to End the Word, will raise awareness about the negative impact of using the word “retarded.”
Participants in the event will be asked to sign a banner to pledge to stop using the “r-word.”
Members of Special Kids Therapy, Special Olympics and the Allen County Down Syndrome Association will visit throughout the day.
STRIDE can be contacted through Mariah Hohman, STRIDE president, at email@example.com.
- University Marching Band Adds Color Guard
- Still Studying Life: Biology Graduate Continues Education
- Stories in Space: University of Findlay and Findlay-Hancock Public Library Partner for Summer Education
- Nine Acclaimed Authors, Illustrators to Present at Mazza Museum Summer Conference ‘19
- Femininity Featured in Exhibition
- Big Heart for Art: University of Findlay’s Mazza Museum Coordinator Feels Blessed