The UF chapter of Students Teaching Respect for Individuals with Disabilities Everyday (STRIDE) will host an event on campus from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, in the Alumni Memorial Union at the fireside lounge.
The event, Spread the Word to End the Word, will raise awareness about the negative impact of using the word “retarded.”
Participants in the event will be asked to sign a banner to pledge to stop using the “r-word.”
Members of Special Kids Therapy, Special Olympics and the Allen County Down Syndrome Association will visit throughout the day.
STRIDE can be contacted through Mariah Hohman, STRIDE president, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Storied Issue: Fall ’18 FindlayMag Features Fascinating Narratives
- Winter College ’19 to Feature Talks on Finance, Fitness, Fortitude
- Renowned “Mamma Mia!” Star Judy McLane to Perform at UF in January ‘19
- Hollywood Artist Baltazar and Artworks from His Children’s Sci-Fi Epic “Timeless” Coming to UF
- Algorithms, Arithmetic and Aristotle: Student Combines Philosophy and Mathematics in Studies and Life
- Equestrian Show Team Results - 12/1 & 12/2