The UF chapter of Students Teaching Respect for Individuals with Disabilities Everyday (STRIDE) will host an event on campus from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, in the Alumni Memorial Union at the fireside lounge.
The event, Spread the Word to End the Word, will raise awareness about the negative impact of using the word “retarded.”
Participants in the event will be asked to sign a banner to pledge to stop using the “r-word.”
Members of Special Kids Therapy, Special Olympics and the Allen County Down Syndrome Association will visit throughout the day.
STRIDE can be contacted through Mariah Hohman, STRIDE president, at email@example.com.
- Derrick Reveal: Senior Joseph O’Toole Confirms Suspicions
- 2019 IHSA Western Semifinals
- Randy Van Dyne Retiring from UF After 32 Years
- Physical Plant Director Myreon Cobb to Retire, Orion Jones Hired as Successor
- All in the Family: Spring Choir Concert to Feature Works by Leopold and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks 3 UF Health Sciences Programs on Best Graduate Schools 2020 Lists