The University of Findlay Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will join to present their annual Christmas concert
at Van Buren High School’s auditorium on Sunday, Dec. 6 at 3 p.m. Admission is free but tickets are required for the event. They can be reserved by calling the UF box office at 419-434-5335 or at the door.
Under the direction of Professor of Music and Director of Bands at the University, Jack Taylor, the bands will perform a concert entitled “Mediterranean Cruise – Holiday Style.” This performance will feature holiday songs from France, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Africa and other nations.
The concert’s featured solo artist will be Meredith Kovener, senior French hornist. Kovener is a graphic design major from Zionsville, IN. and a winner of the UF Instrumental Music Concerto Competition for 2015-16. She will perform “Morceau de Concert, Op. 94” by Saint-Saens.
Dr. Marie Louden-Hanes, senior faculty in the College of Liberal Arts, will narrate the program. The winner of the Jack and Patricia Taylor Endowed Instrumental Music Scholarship will also be announced at the concert.
- Korean Statute of Peace Presentation at UF
- Virtual Weekend Conference for Authors, Artists, & Educators
- UF Marching Band Presents “Sounds of the Stadium”
- UF Professors Combine Forces to Create Art & Disease Course
- UF Students Organize “Boo Bash” Halloween Activities for Local Children
- Concert-Chorale and University Singers Presents "Revival"