The University of Findlay Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will join to present their annual Christmas concert
at Van Buren High School’s auditorium on Sunday, Dec. 6 at 3 p.m. Admission is free but tickets are required for the event. They can be reserved by calling the UF box office at 419-434-5335 or at the door.
Under the direction of Professor of Music and Director of Bands at the University, Jack Taylor, the bands will perform a concert entitled “Mediterranean Cruise – Holiday Style.” This performance will feature holiday songs from France, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Africa and other nations.
The concert’s featured solo artist will be Meredith Kovener, senior French hornist. Kovener is a graphic design major from Zionsville, IN. and a winner of the UF Instrumental Music Concerto Competition for 2015-16. She will perform “Morceau de Concert, Op. 94” by Saint-Saens.
Dr. Marie Louden-Hanes, senior faculty in the College of Liberal Arts, will narrate the program. The winner of the Jack and Patricia Taylor Endowed Instrumental Music Scholarship will also be announced at the concert.
- Thankful for Oilers Here, There and Everywhere: Thanksgiving 2020
- #GivingTuesday ’20: Giving in a Time it’s Needed Most
- UF Celebrates Arbor Day 2020 with Two New Trees
- UF to Bring the North Pole to Findlay with Letters to Santa Drive-thru
- UF Bands and Orchestra to Offer Two Free Virtual Concerts
- Computer Science Department Celebrates Cybersecurity Awareness Month