The University of Findlay Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will join to present their annual Christmas concert
at Van Buren High School’s auditorium on Sunday, Dec. 6 at 3 p.m. Admission is free but tickets are required for the event. They can be reserved by calling the UF box office at 419-434-5335 or at the door.
Under the direction of Professor of Music and Director of Bands at the University, Jack Taylor, the bands will perform a concert entitled “Mediterranean Cruise – Holiday Style.” This performance will feature holiday songs from France, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Africa and other nations.
The concert’s featured solo artist will be Meredith Kovener, senior French hornist. Kovener is a graphic design major from Zionsville, IN. and a winner of the UF Instrumental Music Concerto Competition for 2015-16. She will perform “Morceau de Concert, Op. 94” by Saint-Saens.
Dr. Marie Louden-Hanes, senior faculty in the College of Liberal Arts, will narrate the program. The winner of the Jack and Patricia Taylor Endowed Instrumental Music Scholarship will also be announced at the concert.
- UF Police Department Recognized for Excellence in Policy and Training
- Chelsea Boehm 2021 Student Intern of the Year Gives Back
- Community Member’s Legacy Gift Provides Scholarship Support
- Back for More: University of Findlay Graduate Student Caila Case ‘21
- Third Annual Prime the Pump Prep Week
- Trustee Emeritus Status Granted to Both Charnes and Haywood