The University of Findlay’s Circle K Club members earned recognition, both as a group and individually, at the Circle K District Convention in Columbus in February.
Findlay’s Circle K group took home several awards: third place, Kiwanis Sponsor Award; first place, Scrapbook Award; and first place, Single Service Project Award.
The Kiwanis Sponsor Award was presented to the Findlay group because the city of Findlay Kiwanis Club is a generous supporter. The community group pays for the University club’s international dues each year; contributed to expenses related to attending the convention; and helps with numerous service projects throughout the year.
The Single Service Project Award is in recognition of the Dance Marathon on campus, which raised more than $2,000 for the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Kelly Wilder, volunteer coordinator, organized the event, which was held in November.
In addition, group members received individual recognition. Chris Conklin, sophomore pharmacy major, received a third-place award for Outstanding Club Vice President. Mariah Hohman, junior special education major, won second place for The Andrew Littlefield Outstanding Treasurer Award. Darryl Lai, an international student from Malaysia, received third place for The Jason Stewart Outstanding Member Award.
Individuals were nominated by other club members and were required to submit an application and essay.
“… Each of them is very deserving of their award, and I am very proud of what they have accomplished this year,” said Katie Schiavone, club president. “It has been a pleasure to watch the club and the individuals within it grow, and I am excited to be a part of it.”
- A Storied Issue: Fall ’18 FindlayMag Features Fascinating Narratives
- Winter College ’19 to Feature Talks on Finance, Fitness, Fortitude
- Renowned “Mamma Mia!” Star Judy McLane to Perform at UF in January ‘19
- Hollywood Artist Baltazar and Artworks from His Children’s Sci-Fi Epic “Timeless” Coming to UF
- Algorithms, Arithmetic and Aristotle: Student Combines Philosophy and Mathematics in Studies and Life
- Equestrian Show Team Results - 12/1 & 12/2