Cleveland Browns President Alec Scheiner and other Browns executives will participate in a Cleveland Browns Edge Career Development Summit to be held at The University of Findlay on Tuesday, Sept. 1.
The event is part of a partnership, forged this past spring between the University and the organization, which provides learning opportunities focused on the business aspects of professional sports. Five UF students participated in special events internships this summer at the Browns’ headquarters in Berea, Ohio, and one is continuing to work there this fall for a corporate partnerships internship.
At the summit, Scheiner; colleague Lauren Waters-Brown, coordinator of digital business; and Matt Webb, senior director of sales and strategy, will address students in a talk titled, “Play like a Brown – Owning Your Personal Brand and How to Use it to Achieve Your Goals.” A discussion about job interview tips will include Josh Young, the Browns’ director of inside sales; Cory Kinder, game presentation and special events coordinator; and Anthony Cangelosi, the Browns’ corporate partnership activation manager, and will be moderated by Phil Gunder, UF’s director of internships and cooperative education.
The private event will be for UF students, but media members are invited to attend Scheiner’s and Walters-Powel’s 2 p.m. presentation in Ritz Auditorium, located on Old Main’s second floor. Browns representatives will briefly be available after the session to answer media questions.
- Prolific and Celebrated Prose Writer and Poet Nikki Grimes to Present at UF
- Broadway Sensation Laura Osnes to Perform at UF
- Athletics 101: Head Athletic Trainer at UF is More than Meets the Eye
- Cancer Fighting Compounds: Pharmacy Students Develop New Drug
- Lighting the Way: Sustainability Efforts Illuminating UF’s Western Farm
- The Princeton Review Names University of Findlay a 'Best in the Midwest' Institution