The University of Findlay will host the annual Computer and Writing Conference from June 1-4, 2017 featuring the theme “Techne: Creating Spaces of Wonder.”
The national event has been held for more than 30 years, and is considered the premier conference for those who use computers and networks to teach writing. It brings together scholars, teachers and professionals from all over the world in an intimate, welcoming setting to discuss the problems, successes, innovations and logistics of computer and network-based writing instruction.
Given the theme, participants will be asked to draw on the multiple conceptualizations and articulations of techne, or craftsmanship, through exploration of practices that inform craft, art and disciplinary trends, both in pedagogy and scholarship.
Proposals are being sought that emphasize the interplay of multimodal spaces (physical and digital) and how composing in these environments creates opportunities for wondering (potential, curiosity and reflection) and wonder (awe, interest and marvel). Proposals may also consider ways that physical and digital multimodality may limit or misappropriate the role of wonder(ing) in composing.
Elkie Burnside, Ph.D., assistant professor of English, is leading the conference committee, which includes other members of the UF English, Communication and English as an International Language departments. Partners from the Center for Teaching Excellence, Mazza Museum, Information Technology Services and Findlay-Hancock County Public Library are also serving on the committee.
The conference operates under the auspices of the National Council of Teachers of English via the Conference on College Composition and Communication.
For more 2017 Computers and Writing Conference information, contact Burnside at 419-434-5572 or at email@example.com.
- Leading the Way: Business Affiliates Scholarship Program Supports Students from the Region
- Mazza Museum’s Funday Sunday Series to Return in November
- Iconic America: Zane Grafton ’12 Works with Familiar Equines
- Seminar Offering Updated Information on CBD and Medical Marijuana Use to be Held in AMU
- UF Marching Oiler Brass to Present 12th Annual Sounds of the Stadium Concert
- University of Findlay Ranked No. 1 Nationally as Best College for Church of God Students