Winners of the 2013 Congressional Art Competition will be announced by Congressman Bob Latta at The University of Findlay’s Mazza Museum at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 20, in the Lape Great Hall, located in the Virginia B. Gardner Fine Arts Pavilion.
High school students in Ohio’s Fifth Congressional District were encouraged to submit original artwork by April 3. Artwork categories include painting, drawing, collage, print, mixed media, computer-generated art and photography. Pieces by 45 students are on display in the Gardner Fine Arts Pavilion through April 20.
Art faculty members at the University are judging the pieces. One overall winner and three honorable mentions will be announced.
The overall winner will have his or her artwork displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol, along with artwork from other nationwide contestants.
- Memorial Service at UF to be Held in Remembrance of Former Board of Trustees Member
- UF Helping Hands Food Drive Collects More than 115,000 Pounds for Regional Residents in Need
- From Field Medic to Nursing Grad: Navy Veteran Uses Medical Experience to Earn BSN
- Holiday Choral Concerts to Showcase Latin Mass Adaptation of ‘Gloria’
- MLB Pitcher Jerry Blevins and Zoo Manager Sue Young to Present at Upcoming Fridays at Findlay Sessions
- From Campus to Combat: Former Student Makes Sacrifice