Winners of the 2013 Congressional Art Competition will be announced by Congressman Bob Latta at The University of Findlay’s Mazza Museum at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 20, in the Lape Great Hall, located in the Virginia B. Gardner Fine Arts Pavilion.
High school students in Ohio’s Fifth Congressional District were encouraged to submit original artwork by April 3. Artwork categories include painting, drawing, collage, print, mixed media, computer-generated art and photography. Pieces by 45 students are on display in the Gardner Fine Arts Pavilion through April 20.
Art faculty members at the University are judging the pieces. One overall winner and three honorable mentions will be announced.
The overall winner will have his or her artwork displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol, along with artwork from other nationwide contestants.
- Faith, Flexibility and Forethought: Alumnus Phillip Riegle ’00 Stays Close to Roots
- Slippery Elm Literary Journal Hosts Deanna Tulley Multimedia Contest
- Religion Professor Publishes Monograph About Korean Philosopher Ham Sok Hon
- Findlay’s Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability Program Receives Reaccreditation
- UF Theatre Presents Free Online Improv Show Directed by Alumna
- UF Pharmacy Alumna Awarded a Department of Veterans Affairs Coin