Winners of the 2013 Congressional Art Competition will be announced by Congressman Bob Latta at The University of Findlay’s Mazza Museum at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 20, in the Lape Great Hall, located in the Virginia B. Gardner Fine Arts Pavilion.
High school students in Ohio’s Fifth Congressional District were encouraged to submit original artwork by April 3. Artwork categories include painting, drawing, collage, print, mixed media, computer-generated art and photography. Pieces by 45 students are on display in the Gardner Fine Arts Pavilion through April 20.
Art faculty members at the University are judging the pieces. One overall winner and three honorable mentions will be announced.
The overall winner will have his or her artwork displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol, along with artwork from other nationwide contestants.
- UF Professor Provides Insight on how Faculty can stay Productive During COVID-19
- Campus Offices Navigate How to Serve Students Remotely
- Student explores passion for social justice during field experience
- An Award-Winning Spring Break for UF
- A Sense of Community: University of Findlay Professor Helps Bring Faculty Together
- Coming Together: University of Findlay Helps Out in Time of Need for Area Hospitals