The Davis and Dow jazz duo will perform The University of Findlay from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, March 28, in the Alumni Memorial Union (AMU). Admission is free, and community members are welcome.
Attendees are encouraged to bring lunch or purchase lunch from The Cave, located in the AMU, and come and go as schedules allow.
Multi-award winning jazz duo Davis and Dow are “soul mates” who perform a blend of jazz and pop. Their style is deeply rooted in the classic jazz tradition but with a playfulness that keeps the music fresh and fun. Their arrangements are unique and inventive, and the pair seeks a new approach to what they do.
Davis and Dow have toured Japan, London and New York; composed and performed original music for the television show “FoodNation with Bobby Flay;” and produced “Great Jazz Divas,” a multimedia show that celebrates women, music and history. Their CD “Naked” won Best Jazz Album – Florida Music Awards, and was featured in JazzTimes Magazine’s year-in-review issue.
Davis and Dow were voted Best Jazz Artists – New Times Magazine, and Julie Davis was voted Best Jazz Vocalist – City Link Magazine. For the third consecutive time, Davis and Dow were awarded a two-year grant by the Florida Cultural Arts Division to perform in underserved communities.
Davis and Dow’s performance is part of the Music Bach’s Series, a concert series that runs through the academic year featuring live musicians. The series is organized by the Campus Program Board, a student-led group that brings entertainment to the community. Please call 419-434-4606 with questions.
- UF Health Professions Graduates Earn Excellent Pay, Recent Ranking Shows
- Accomplished Poet Anders Carlson-Wee to Give Free Public Reading
- Escape Artist: Author Nikki Grimes Elaborates on Her Authentic, Christ-Centered Poetry and Prose
- Findlay Faithfuls: Cody ‘19 and Kaylee (Davis) Ohnmeiss Make Connections
- Student Teaching Around the World
- Marathon Process Improvement Expert Gene Fernandez Serving as UF’s Fall ’19 Dana Chair