Christine Denecker, associate professor of English and director of the Dual Enrollment Writing Program for The University of Findlay, has been named to the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships’ board of directors.
Denecker has served as an accreditation reviewer for the partnership for the past two years. Her board term will begin on Oct. 28.
In addition to her work with the partnership, she serves on Findlay’s High Learning Commission Steering Committee and has participated in the Conference on College Composition and Communication’s study on dual enrollment. Her most recent publication in Composition Studies discusses the dual enrollment writing classroom as a space for aligning high school and college writing expectations.
The partnership works to ensure that college courses offered by high school teachers are as rigorous as courses offered by the sponsoring college campus. It is the sole accrediting body for concurrent enrollment partnerships.
- Alumna hired by Cleveland Browns
- Ohio Veterinarian Follows in Father’s UF Board of Trustees Footsteps
- January ’19 Educator Workshops to Focus on Helping Children Contend with Loss
- At Birchaven, Art Bridges Generational, Cognitive Gaps
- From Notion to Reality: Research in Air Pollution Leads to New Chamber
- Game, Set, Match: Gatherings Offer Opportunities for Moving and Learning