“Nice Dreams,” an art exhibition by fine artist Brandon Briggs, will take place at the Virginia B. Gardner Fine Arts Pavilion’s Dudley and Mary Marks Lea Gallery from Aug. 20 through Sept. 14. A reception will be held Thursday, Sept. 6 from 7-8:30 p.m.
Briggs earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in drawing and painting from Indiana University, South Bend, in 2007, and a Master of Fine Arts in two-dimensional studies from Bowling Green State University in 2011. He is a full-time instructor in drawing and painting at BGSU.
Briggs’ current work is focused on all things quiet. His immediate surroundings in and around his home act as subject matter that insists that we can all still find interest in the everyday, the mundane, and natural phenomena.
The artist’s work has been on view at venues such as First Street Gallery in New York City, the University of North Carolina in Asheville, North Carolina; and the Illinois Institute of Art in Chicago, Illinois.
The Lea Gallery is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 1-4 p.m. Sundays. All exhibitions are free and open to the public.
- UF Students Organize “Boo Bash” Halloween Activities for Local Children
- Concert-Chorale and University Singers Presents "Revival"
- Sen. Rob McColley to Speak on Bail Reform at UF
- Prepare Your Flower Beds for Winter with Free Manure!
- Oilers got “Back in Orange & Black” for ’21 Homecoming
- UF to Join Ohio Cyber Range Institute