The fifth issue of Slippery Elm, the University of Findlay’s literary journal, is available for purchase.
Featuring 30 works selected from more than 800 entries, the publication highlights compelling fiction, poetry and creative nonfiction and visual art from individuals throughout the world.
Single copies can be purchased by visiting slipperyelm.findlay.edu and using the PayPal button, or emailing the journal’s staff via its website. Copies may also be purchased by sending a check made out to “Slippery Elm,” in care of University of Findlay, 1000 N. Main St., Findlay OH 45840. Journal back issues and T-shirts can also be purchased.
This year’s winner of the prose category is David Armstrong for his story, “Parabolic.” For poetry, the winner is A.K. Drees for “How the Rain Gets In.” Each received $1,000. Judging the submissions were Mary Grimm for prose and David Lee Garrison for poetry.
Slippery Elm is a journal committed to promoting the best fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, and visual art being created today. The journal provides educational experiences for students in editing and publishing, and represents the University of Findlay as a supporter of the arts.
- University of Findlay College Credit Plus Program Receives Accreditation
- UF Alumna Named the 2021 Physical Therapist of the Year
- UF’s College of Pharmacy Ranks #1 Nationally in Residency Placement
- University of Findlay Mourns Loss of Former Acting President Louis Chenette
- Students Octavian Dungee and Ashlyn Coleman Receive UF Founders’ Awards
- Mazza Features Floyd Cooper and Jerry Pinkney in Celebration of Juneteenth