The University of Findlay Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will present “Santa’s Journey” during its 32nd annual Christmas Concert at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2, in the Van Buren High School auditorium.
Tickets are free, however, tickets to reserve seating are required. Contact the UF box office at 419-434-5335.
Under the direction of Jack Taylor, professor of music and director of bands, the bands will explore holiday sounds from Ireland, England, France, Spain, Russia and the United States.
Featured flute soloist, Elizabeth Baker, senior psychology major, will perform “Allegro” from Mozart’s G Major Concerto with the Wind Ensemble. Baker is a UF Instrumental Music Concerto Competition winner.
Marie Louden-Hanes, Ph.D., special assistant to the president, will narrate the concert. Harp interludes will be provided by Nancy Glick, harp and piano instructor.
Written by Sarah Foltz
- 2019 IHSA Western Semifinals
- Randy Van Dyne Retiring from UF After 32 Years
- Physical Plant Director Myreon Cobb to Retire, Orion Jones Hired as Successor
- All in the Family: Spring Choir Concert to Feature Works by Leopold and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks 3 UF Health Sciences Programs on Best Graduate Schools 2020 Lists
- Senior Exhibition II Now Open