The University of Findlay Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will present “Santa’s Journey” during its 32nd annual Christmas Concert at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2, in the Van Buren High School auditorium.
Tickets are free, however, tickets to reserve seating are required. Contact the UF box office at 419-434-5335.
Under the direction of Jack Taylor, professor of music and director of bands, the bands will explore holiday sounds from Ireland, England, France, Spain, Russia and the United States.
Featured flute soloist, Elizabeth Baker, senior psychology major, will perform “Allegro” from Mozart’s G Major Concerto with the Wind Ensemble. Baker is a UF Instrumental Music Concerto Competition winner.
Marie Louden-Hanes, Ph.D., special assistant to the president, will narrate the concert. Harp interludes will be provided by Nancy Glick, harp and piano instructor.
Written by Sarah Foltz
- University Marching Band Adds Color Guard
- Still Studying Life: Biology Graduate Continues Education
- Stories in Space: University of Findlay and Findlay-Hancock Public Library Partner for Summer Education
- Nine Acclaimed Authors, Illustrators to Present at Mazza Museum Summer Conference ‘19
- Femininity Featured in Exhibition
- Big Heart for Art: University of Findlay’s Mazza Museum Coordinator Feels Blessed