Lydia Mihalik, mayor of the city of Findlay, will present “Leadership is …” with a senior seminar class at The University of Findlay at 8 a.m. Tuesday, April 23, in the Gardner Fine Arts Pavilion, Lape Great Hall.
Mihalik and her students will share perspectives and examples of leadership that emerged from class discussions, observations from visits with community leaders and research.
Community members are welcome to attend.
Mihalik is a professional-in-residence at the University and teaches the 400-level senior seminar course. Each year, the Communication Department invites a prominent practitioner to campus to teach and work with students. Communication students have the opportunity to learn from professionals such as Emmy Award-winning anchor Jerry Anderson and the city of Findlay’s first female mayor Mihalik.
Mihalik is a 2002 Findlay graduate with a degree in political science.
Call 419-434-4774 for more information.
- Unique Perspective: Alumnus Dallas Smith ’17 Believes in Service
- Prolific and Celebrated Prose Writer and Poet Nikki Grimes to Present at UF
- Broadway Sensation Laura Osnes to Perform at UF
- Athletics 101: Head Athletic Trainer at UF is More than Meets the Eye
- Cancer Fighting Compounds: Pharmacy Students Developing New Drug
- Lighting the Way: Sustainability Efforts Illuminating UF’s Western Farm