Lydia Mihalik, mayor of the city of Findlay, will present “Leadership is …” with a senior seminar class at The University of Findlay at 8 a.m. Tuesday, April 23, in the Gardner Fine Arts Pavilion, Lape Great Hall.
Mihalik and her students will share perspectives and examples of leadership that emerged from class discussions, observations from visits with community leaders and research.
Community members are welcome to attend.
Mihalik is a professional-in-residence at the University and teaches the 400-level senior seminar course. Each year, the Communication Department invites a prominent practitioner to campus to teach and work with students. Communication students have the opportunity to learn from professionals such as Emmy Award-winning anchor Jerry Anderson and the city of Findlay’s first female mayor Mihalik.
Mihalik is a 2002 Findlay graduate with a degree in political science.
- Inclusion, Teaching, and Writing: University of Findlay Alumna Casts a Wide Net
- Alexandria “Ali” Gokey Memorial Scholarship Fund to Benefit UF Equestrian Students
- Thankful for Oilers Here, There and Everywhere: Thanksgiving 2020
- #GivingTuesday ’20: Giving in a Time it’s Needed Most
- UF Celebrates Arbor Day 2020 with Two New Trees
- UF to Bring the North Pole to Findlay with Letters to Santa Drive-thru