Richard E. White, retired senior vice president of marketing for Marathon Oil Co., will serve as The University of Findlay’s Dana Chair during the spring 2013 semester.
Each year, the University chooses a distinguished executive to serve as the Dana Chair, a position funded by an endowment from Dana Holding Corp. The Dana Chair serves as a mentor for a chosen group of Dana Scholars who work as a group for the year. During spring of their junior year, the student Dana Scholars take a class together, work on group projects and visit many local industries where they interact with top-level executives.
White worked for Marathon from 1955 until 1999, retiring as senior vice president of marketing. During his time with the company, he held many positions, both domestic and international. White served in Geneva, Switzerland, for several years.
Within the community, White has been involved with the YMCA, Findlay-Hancock County Chamber of Commerce, United Way of Hancock County, Community Development Foundation, Findlay-Hancock County Community Foundation and the Industrial Management Council. He also served as a board member of both Sky Trust and Findlay Industries. White was a member of The University of Findlay’s Board of Trustees for 16 years.
White received an honorary doctorate from the University in 2006. He also holds an AMB from Harvard University and a bachelor’s degree in business economics from Indiana University.
He is married to Jennifer Payne-White.
- Thankful for Oilers Here, There and Everywhere: Thanksgiving 2020
- #GivingTuesday ’20: Giving in a Time it’s Needed Most
- UF Celebrates Arbor Day 2020 with Two New Trees
- UF to Bring the North Pole to Findlay with Letters to Santa Drive-thru
- UF Bands and Orchestra to Offer Two Free Virtual Concerts
- Computer Science Department Celebrates Cybersecurity Awareness Month