The University of Findlay will host “Voice of an Angel” featuring Hana Pestle from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, March 15, in the Alumni Memorial Union. Community members are welcome to attend at no cost.
Attendees are invited to stop by for a quick lunch break or stay for the whole show. Bring a packed lunch or purchase a meal in The Cave, located in the Alumni Memorial Union.
As a Billings, Mont., native, Pestle tours the United Sates to share her bold vocals and outstanding guitar skills while winning over crowds nightly. She received an electric guitar when she was 11, began taking lessons one year later and hasn’t been able to put it down since.
At the age of 14 in 2005, Pestle performed for her hometown, and a tape of her performance reached writer and producer Michael “Fish” Herring and Evanescence co-founder, Ben Moody. Only months later, Pestle traveled to Los Angeles, Calif., to meet with producers and started working on her album in 2006.
While Pestle shuttled between Billings and Los Angeles throughout 2006 and 2007 to craft her debut album, she recorded backup vocals for Celine Dion’s 2007 album “Taking Chances” as she finished high school at the same time.
Pestle’s debut album, “This Way” was released in 2009. In the past few years, Pestle has toured with many acts and headlines her own college tour the country.
This event is presented by the University’s Campus Program Board, a student-led group that works to bring high-quality entertainment to campus.
Call 419-434-4606 for more information.
- New Partnership Between University of Findlay, Tiffin University and Ashland University Offers Reduced Graduate Tuition for Employees
- SGA Unmasks Headliner for Spring Music Festival
- Daniel Hill Speaks on How to Continue Martin Luther King Jr.'s Work at 2020 MLK Celebration
- Learning Here, Learning There: UF Alumna is in the Right Place
- University of Findlay awarded Choose Ohio First grant for computer science scholarships
- UF to Host “All That Jazz” for Annual Pops Concert