Children’s book lovers are looking forward to Mazza Museum’s annual summer conference July 15-19 at The University of Findlay. This year, the conference will feature award-winning author and illustrator Jon Klassen.
During the week-long conference, participants will learn from national and international keynote speakers and enjoy hands-on small group sessions. The Mazza Museum is proud to host Klassen who will be speaking on Monday, July 15.
Originally from Niagra Falls, Ontario, Klassen has worked for featured animated films, music videos and editorial pieces. Klassen received the 2013 Caldecott Medal for his book “This Is Not My Hat” and a Caldecott honor as the illustrator of “Extra Yarn.” Receiving both the Caldecott Medal and an Honor in the same year is a first-time accomplishment in the world of children’s literature.
Klassen also received Canada’s prestigious Governor General’s Award for the illustrations in his picture book “Cat’s Night Out” and is the author-illustrator of “I want My Hat Back.” At the conference, Klassen will present his work and a background about himself as an artist.
Other guest authors and illustrators will include Walter Wick, James Dean, Julie Paschkis, Sheila McGraw, Michael Hall, Ed Young, Tom Lichtenheld, Sherri Duskey Rinker, Roger Roth and Chris Raschka.
Visit mazzamuseum.org for conference and registration information. Registration is open until July 15.
- MakerSpace Opens in University of Findlay College of Education
- Flutist to Solo in ’19 ‘Home for the Holidays’ Christmas Band Concert
- Alumnus has Hot Career as Nuclear Pharmacist
- UF’s Online MBA Program Named One of Ohio’s Best
- Life is What You Make it: Skylar Mettert ’11 M ’14 Sees a Bright Future for UF
- AEP Foundation Donates $500,000 for New UF Scholarships