The University of Findlay’s physical therapy program will present Shriners Hospitals: Pediatric Advances in Health Care on Friday, Jan. 31, in the Alumni Memorial Union, Endly Room.
The event is part of the department’s annual Grand Rounds offering of Continuing Education Units for medical professionals. The Grand Rounds committee organizes education opportunities like this for students, academic faculty and clinical faculty. The goal is to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas that will enhance the clinical expertise and critical thinking skills of those who attend.
The program begins at 9:15 a.m. Cynthia Anderson, BSN, RN, will present “Shriners Hospital Chicago.” Anderson is a pediatric orthopedic nurse and is the professional liaison for Shriners.
At 9:45 a.m., Sahar Hassani, MS, will present “One Minute Walk and Tug for Children with Cerebral Palsy” and “Distracted Driving in College Students.” Hassani is the director of research administration at Shriners Chicago.
At 10:30 a.m., Adam Graf, MS, will present “Motion Analysis in Pediatric Orthopedics.” Graf is a senior engineer in the motion analysis lab at Shriners Chicago.
At 11 a.m., Michelle Urban, PT, MHS, WCC, will present “Pediatric Wheelchair Seating and Positioning.” Urban is a physical therapist and clinical supervisor or rehabilitation at Shriners Chicago.
Attendees should R.S.V.P. to Jill Vaughan at 419-434-4641 or Vaughan@findlay.edu. There is no cost to attend.
- Theatre Program Presents ‘A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play’
- UF’s College of Pharmacy Works to Raise Awareness During American Pharmacists Month
- That’s what Dreams are Made of: University of Findlay Alumna Stays Close to Home
- University of Findlay Digital Media Club to Host Mock Election, ‘Rock the Mock’ on Oct. 27
- UF’s College of Education Mourns the Loss of Faculty Member Dr. John “Skip” Cindric
- Mazza Museum Brings Back Tales for Tots & Funday Sunday with a Twist