The University of Findlay’s physical therapy program will present Shriners Hospitals: Pediatric Advances in Health Care on Friday, Jan. 31, in the Alumni Memorial Union, Endly Room.
The event is part of the department’s annual Grand Rounds offering of Continuing Education Units for medical professionals. The Grand Rounds committee organizes education opportunities like this for students, academic faculty and clinical faculty. The goal is to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas that will enhance the clinical expertise and critical thinking skills of those who attend.
The program begins at 9:15 a.m. Cynthia Anderson, BSN, RN, will present “Shriners Hospital Chicago.” Anderson is a pediatric orthopedic nurse and is the professional liaison for Shriners.
At 9:45 a.m., Sahar Hassani, MS, will present “One Minute Walk and Tug for Children with Cerebral Palsy” and “Distracted Driving in College Students.” Hassani is the director of research administration at Shriners Chicago.
At 10:30 a.m., Adam Graf, MS, will present “Motion Analysis in Pediatric Orthopedics.” Graf is a senior engineer in the motion analysis lab at Shriners Chicago.
At 11 a.m., Michelle Urban, PT, MHS, WCC, will present “Pediatric Wheelchair Seating and Positioning.” Urban is a physical therapist and clinical supervisor or rehabilitation at Shriners Chicago.
Attendees should R.S.V.P. to Jill Vaughan at 419-434-4641 or Vaughan@findlay.edu. There is no cost to attend.
- Risky Business: How Sauder Woodworking Company’s Innovative Practices Keep Paying Off
- Arthropods and Viruses: Levitt and Students Work to Save the Bees and Research Ticks
- Equestrian Show Team Results – 9/29 & 9/30
- Equestrian Show Team Results, Sept 22
- UF Veterans Day Observance Recognizes Local Heroes
- Called to Serve: Vietnam Veteran and UF Alumnus Recalls Experiences During, After War