Mary Biddinger will present a poetry reading from her newest book of poems, “O Holy Insurgency,” at 8 p.m. Wednesday, March 27, at The University of Findlay in Winebrenner Theological Seminary, Room 254.
The reading is open to the public. There is no cost to attend.
Biddinger is the author of the poetry collections “Prairie Fever” (Steel Toe Books, 2007), “Saint Monica” (Black Lawrence Press, 2011), “O Holy Insurgency” (Black Lawrence Press, 2013), and “A Sunny Place with Adequate Water” (Black Lawrence Press, forthcoming 2014).
She is also co-editor of “The Monkey and the Wrench: Essays into Contemporary Poetics” (U Akron Press, 2011). Her poems have recently appeared or are forthcoming in “Barrelhouse,” “Bat City Review,” “Blackbird,” “Crazyhorse,” “Crab Orchard Review,” “Forklift, Ohio,” “Guernica,” “Gulf Coast,” “Pleiades,” “Quarterly West” and “Redivider,” among others.
Biddinger teaches literature and poetry writing at The University of Akron, where she edits “Barn Owl Review,” the Akron Series in Poetry and the Akron Series in Contemporary Poetics.
- Old Main’s Ecological Footprint
- All Hazards Training Center to Offer Free Refresher Course During Homecoming and Family Weekend
- Support and Guidance: Jena Meloy ’06 Continues to Grow by Example
- Budding Pharmacists get a Dose of the Profession
- Constant Engagement: Rachel Darroch ’07 is Always an Oiler
- Study Abroad Takes Students to Austria for Cross-Cultural Business Conference