Mary Biddinger will present a poetry reading from her newest book of poems, “O Holy Insurgency,” at 8 p.m. Wednesday, March 27, at The University of Findlay in Winebrenner Theological Seminary, Room 254.
The reading is open to the public. There is no cost to attend.
Biddinger is the author of the poetry collections “Prairie Fever” (Steel Toe Books, 2007), “Saint Monica” (Black Lawrence Press, 2011), “O Holy Insurgency” (Black Lawrence Press, 2013), and “A Sunny Place with Adequate Water” (Black Lawrence Press, forthcoming 2014).
She is also co-editor of “The Monkey and the Wrench: Essays into Contemporary Poetics” (U Akron Press, 2011). Her poems have recently appeared or are forthcoming in “Barrelhouse,” “Bat City Review,” “Blackbird,” “Crazyhorse,” “Crab Orchard Review,” “Forklift, Ohio,” “Guernica,” “Gulf Coast,” “Pleiades,” “Quarterly West” and “Redivider,” among others.
Biddinger teaches literature and poetry writing at The University of Akron, where she edits “Barn Owl Review,” the Akron Series in Poetry and the Akron Series in Contemporary Poetics.
- A Place Called Home: Findlay Alumna Succeeds Right Where She was Raised
- UF to Hold Virtual MLK, Jr. Celebration
- Online MS in Environmental, Safety, & Health Management Ranked Top 10 for 2021
- Brian D. Whitaker Receives Teaching Award for Food and Agricultural Sciences
- UF Welcomes ’21 Donnell Broadway Concert Series Guest Artist Matthew Hydzik
- UF Faculty Tips: Winter Pet Health