Mary Biddinger will present a poetry reading from her newest book of poems, “O Holy Insurgency,” at 8 p.m. Wednesday, March 27, at The University of Findlay in Winebrenner Theological Seminary, Room 254.
The reading is open to the public. There is no cost to attend.
Biddinger is the author of the poetry collections “Prairie Fever” (Steel Toe Books, 2007), “Saint Monica” (Black Lawrence Press, 2011), “O Holy Insurgency” (Black Lawrence Press, 2013), and “A Sunny Place with Adequate Water” (Black Lawrence Press, forthcoming 2014).
She is also co-editor of “The Monkey and the Wrench: Essays into Contemporary Poetics” (U Akron Press, 2011). Her poems have recently appeared or are forthcoming in “Barrelhouse,” “Bat City Review,” “Blackbird,” “Crazyhorse,” “Crab Orchard Review,” “Forklift, Ohio,” “Guernica,” “Gulf Coast,” “Pleiades,” “Quarterly West” and “Redivider,” among others.
Biddinger teaches literature and poetry writing at The University of Akron, where she edits “Barn Owl Review,” the Akron Series in Poetry and the Akron Series in Contemporary Poetics.
- Retired Basketball Coach and Former Blackhawk Pilot to Speak at ’19 UF Commencement
- Edgar Kunz to Give Poetry Reading with UF Seniors
- Inspirational Melodies to be Performed at Spring ’19 Band Concert
- Battling the Revival of Nicotine Addictions through Education
- Innovative Leadership Challenge Winners Announced
- Spring ’19 U.S. Naturalization Ceremony to be Held at UF