Beginning Monday, June 15, the University of Findlay will be reopening campus to prospective students and their guests for on-campus visits. In addition to the on-campus visits, virtual visits will remain available. Both visit options include a presentation from an admissions counselor, a meeting with an academic professor, and a tour of the University of Findlay’s beautiful campus.
In order to protect the health and safety of the campus and our visitors, the University has developed and implemented safety measures that align with the Ohio Department of Health’s orders and will provide additional information to visitors at the time of their meeting.
Jeremy Pittman, vice president of enrollment management, said, “The University of Findlay has been hard at work to ensure the safety of our visitors and we are thrilled to be re-opening for on-campus visits. We have removed our conference rooms in the middle of the Admissions lobby to create a more open concept in order to ensure social distancing. We have also put in place additional cleaning measures, a plexiglass barrier at our front desk, and will have hand sanitizer readily available.”
Additional safety measures being taken include:
- On the day of the on-campus visit, visitors are encouraged to take their temperature and, if not feeling well and/or if they have a fever, they are encouraged to call Admissions to reschedule the visit or to visit virtually.
- Markers on the floor of the main hallway, lobby, and presentation areas are placed six feet apart to encourage proper social distancing.
- The number of guests visiting campus daily will be limited.
- Plexiglass has been added to the front desk where visitors will be greeted and given additional details on preventative measures and their visit.
- All University employees will wear a face mask and tour guides will have an amplifier to help visitors hear throughout the tour.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available via hand sanitizer stations.
The safety and well-being of our prospective students and families are a top priority and the University of Findlay is working diligently to remain proactive in preventing illness and promoting a healthy campus environment. Pittman stated, “we look forward to welcoming future Oilers and their families back to our beautiful campus!”