The University of Findlay’s College of Business is sponsoring an inaugural Innovation Competition that could benefit City of Findlay businesses and services.
Undergraduate students are eligible to compete by developing a sustainable idea, creating a business model and delivering a final presentation to judges. The individuals and teams making it to the final round will compete for cash prizes totaling $4,250 per division.
Students will be encouraged to form teams of up to four members from across academic disciplines. The divisions will include “New Venture” in which contestants must explain a novel idea or opportunity for a product or service, “Small Business” in which they must detail how an independently owned and operated business could be established in Findlay, and “Community Outreach” that will require contestants to explain the services and benefits that could be extended to community members to fill gaps not being provided by for-profit and governmental organizations.
Watch this video about the Innovation Competition.
For more information, contact College of Business Dean Kevin Renshler, Ph.D., at email@example.com or at (419) 434-4439.
- University of Findlay Launches Master’s Degree Program Building Capacity For High-Quality STEAM Instruction Featuring Discovery Education’s Innovative Professional Development Content
- Tony Award-Winner Beth Leavel to Return to UF for Concert
- Win the Day: Alumnus Cherishes Lessons and Relationships Borne by Time at UF
- Forum on Regional Workforce Development Challenges Focuses on Educational Endeavors
- Thankful Thursday ’19: UF Giving Tuesday Collection Soars
- A Different Path: Nicole Gerten ’15 Pays it Forward