Fun-filled Internship with Friends and Football Fans
Jenna Jesko is finishing up her summer internship with the Cleveland Browns as part of the Browns Edge Partnership.
She took a few minutes to share what she’s doing.
Major: Sport and Event Management
“This internship has been a great opportunity and I am truly grateful to be one of the few who got to experience it first. Being a special events intern has allowed me to grow both professionally and personally. I would definitely recommend this opportunity to other students and hope they enjoy it as much as I have.”
- The set-up, daily operation, and tear down of all elements that relate to the 2015 Cleveland Browns Training Camp. Elements include hospitality tents, activity zones, food truck placement, merchandise tent and post-practice autograph stations.
- Special Events Coordination – assisting with event pre-planning, event set-up, and coordination of event staff and volunteers for 2015 special events.
- Assist fans and guests at events by providing friendly, knowledgeable information and helpful assistance.
- Department Operations – daily planning, organizing and execution of daily event department operations.
- Mascot Program – help to coordinate and fulfill appearances.
- Creative Thinking – brainstorm and create new ideas for the continued success of Cleveland Browns events.
What I’m learning: “Everyday is endless learning. That may sound cheesy but it’s the absolute truth. Something new can happen at any time. Pulling together an event every day, like training camp, while working on other events, including the Orange and Brown Scrimmage, was a real eye opener to see what all has to be done. From the little tasks like labeling envelopes, to making sure sponsor signs are in the correct order on the field, I realize the small things become the big things and everything is important.”
What you’d like to do after graduation: “After graduation I hope to stay in the event industry, whether it be in professional sports or entertainment companies like Disney or Cedar Point. If I’m able to make a difference in an individual’s life though experiences they will never forget and want to keep reliving, then I have served my purpose.”