John Gillham, Ed.D., joined The University of Findlay’s College of Education in July 2015 as a full-time faculty member and the new Chair of the Doctor of Education Program.
A lifelong educator with more than 20 years of experience in the education industry, eight of which are in educational leadership in higher education and K-12 administration, Gillham says his teaching philosophy is focused on student learning. “My goal is student learning; teaching is only a medium through which I achieve this goal. It is my job to prepare educators that are not only content and pedagogy experts, but leaders that are goal-oriented, have high expectations for all students and motivate others to achieve at the highest levels. I set the bar high for my students and it is my responsibility to see that my students get over that bar,” he said.
While 18 of his 20 years of experience were earned in the California education system, his last five years were earned here in Ohio. He has served as a high school teacher and assistant principal, a school improvement coordinator and college professor. Gillham has most recently served as assistant dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Ohio Northern University.
Gillham holds a bachelor’s degree from San Diego State University and a master’s degree and Doctor of Education in organizational leadership from Pepperdine University.
Click here for more information on The University of Findlay’s Doctor of Education Program.
- Old Main’s Ecological Footprint
- All Hazards Training Center to Offer Free Refresher Course During Homecoming and Family Weekend
- Support and Guidance: Jena Meloy ’06 Continues to Grow by Example
- Budding Pharmacists get a Dose of the Profession
- Constant Engagement: Rachel Darroch ’07 is Always an Oiler
- Study Abroad Takes Students to Austria for Cross-Cultural Business Conference