UF alumnus and global human resources director EJ Meier will present “Ethics in Business: Is Anyone Really Watching?” at 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7, at The University of Findlay in Winebrenner Theological Seminary.
Meier is on campus as part of the University’s Visiting Executive program, co-hosted by the College of Business and the College of Liberal Arts.
Meier is a human resources senior director at Avaya, a leading global provider of next-generation business collaboration and communications solutions headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. During his tenure at Avaya, he has led HR activities for several functional organizations. Currently, he leads global recruiting and HR for Avaya’s 6,000 associates in their World Wide Services, Professional Services and Government Services Organizations.
Prior to Avaya, Meier was with hard disc drive manufacturer, Seagate, where he was the HR lead for Seagate’s i365 subsidiary. Prior to that role, he held the senior HR leadership role for Seagate’s World Wide Recording Head and Media Operations group with more than 15,000 global associates. Meier has held HR leadership roles with StorageTek (acquired by Sun Microsystems) and also with Denver-based Virtela Communications. Early career roles included various HR positions at Bristol-Myers Squibb and Whirlpool Corp.
Meier holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern Indiana and earned and MBA from The University of Findlay. He resides in the Denver area with his wife, Leah.
- Old Main’s Ecological Footprint
- All Hazards Training Center to Offer Free Refresher Course During Homecoming and Family Weekend
- Support and Guidance: Jena Meloy ’06 Continues to Grow by Example
- Budding Pharmacists get a Dose of the Profession
- Constant Engagement: Rachel Darroch ’07 is Always an Oiler
- Study Abroad Takes Students to Austria for Cross-Cultural Business Conference