On Thursday, Sept. 13, Corinne Hoisington, professor of Information Systems Technology at Central Virginia Community College, will visit The University of Findlay to offer two public talks on new technologies and its impact in the classroom.
The first session, The Mobile Movement – Windows 8, iPad and Beyond, will be from 9:30 – 10:45 a.m. in the Winebrenner Theological Seminary TLB Auditorium. The speaker will provide an overview of the new Windows 8 operating system, which will be released in October, as well as the latest iPad apps and the new iPad mini. The lecture will include how these technologies can be used in and outside the classroom setting and how it can improve the learning process.
The second session, The State of Our Learning is … CHANGE, will be from 3:30 – 4:45 p.m. in the Davis Street Building, Room 2225. Topics to be discussed include a broad perspective of the use of technology for driving education and improving the teaching-learning experience. There will be an overview of mobile learning and devices, content development, student services, accessibility and cost. Additionally, Hoisington will discuss the Windows 8 operating system, Microsoft Office 2013, Slates, Mobility, Erly and a variety of other new technologies.
Hoisington has more than 25 years of teaching experience. She travels to more than 50 cities annually, speaking to faculty and student audiences, and was the recipient of the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Computer Programming award. Hoisington has authored more than a dozen books with the Shelly Cashman series, such as “The Dreamweaver CS6,” “Android Boot Camp: Programming the Android for Beginners” and “Visual Basic 2010.”
Written by Evan Rowland
- UF Theatre Presents Free Online Improv Show Directed by Alumna
- UF Pharmacy Alumna Awarded a Department of Veterans Affairs Coin
- UF Earns Multiple Rankings in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 Best National Universities
- It’s a Virtual “Celebration of Oiler Nation” for Homecoming Weekend 2020
- Making Memories: Findlay College Alumnus Richard Crowder Navigates Toward Success
- Fall ‘20 Preview and Discovery Days Announced for Prospective Students