The University of Findlay will host a health and wellness fair from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26, in the Alumni Memorial Union on Frazer Street. The fair is free and open to the public.
Attendees can enjoy chair massages, healthful snacks with recipes provided and a Zumba demonstration, all at no cost.
Professionals will be on site to perform health screenings and provide information. The screenings to be offered include hearing, vision, dental, blood sugar, blood pressure, chiropractic care, skin and bone density.
Glucose testing and cholesterol screenings will be offered for $7 each or $10 for both; a 12-hour fast is required for an accurate reading.
Other topics of interest include nutrition, organ donation, sleep clinic, spiritual health, smoking cessation, women’s care, Cancer Patient Services and the Hancock County Dementia Coalition.
Several UF campus offices will be represented, including safety and security, disability services and academic services, counseling and campus ministry. Representatives from the UF cardio center and Oiler Well also will be at the fair. Student organizations will be represented as well, including the occupational therapy program and the College of Pharmacy.
The health fair is sponsored by the UF Cosiano Health Center and the UF Office of Intercultural Student Services.
For more information, contact the health center at 419-434-4550.
- Unique Perspective: Alumnus Dallas Smith ’17 Believes in Service
- Prolific and Celebrated Prose Writer and Poet Nikki Grimes to Present at UF
- Broadway Sensation Laura Osnes to Perform at UF
- Athletics 101: Head Athletic Trainer at UF is More than Meets the Eye
- Cancer Fighting Compounds: Pharmacy Students Developing New Drug
- Lighting the Way: Sustainability Efforts Illuminating UF’s Western Farm