Candace Hendershot, a nurse and an adjunct faculty member at The University of Findlay, was recently awarded a $500 Love of Learning Award by The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation’s oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines.
She was one of 147 award recipients nationwide, and was initiated into the Society in 2014.
Hendershot said she plans to use the funds to attend the National Association of Nurses Conference to network and learn more about creating a licensure program for school nurses at UF.
The Phi Kappa Phi Love of Learning Award program was initiated in 2007 to help fund graduate or professional studies, doctoral dissertations, continuing education, career development and travel related to teaching and studies for active Society members.
- Prolific and Celebrated Prose Writer and Poet Nikki Grimes to Present at UF
- Broadway Sensation Laura Osnes to Perform at UF
- Athletics 101: Head Athletic Trainer at UF is More than Meets the Eye
- Cancer Fighting Compounds: Pharmacy Students Develop New Drug
- Lighting the Way: Sustainability Efforts Illuminating UF’s Western Farm
- The Princeton Review Names University of Findlay a 'Best in the Midwest' Institution