Candace Hendershot, a nurse and an adjunct faculty member at The University of Findlay, was recently awarded a $500 Love of Learning Award by The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation’s oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines.
She was one of 147 award recipients nationwide, and was initiated into the Society in 2014.
Hendershot said she plans to use the funds to attend the National Association of Nurses Conference to network and learn more about creating a licensure program for school nurses at UF.
The Phi Kappa Phi Love of Learning Award program was initiated in 2007 to help fund graduate or professional studies, doctoral dissertations, continuing education, career development and travel related to teaching and studies for active Society members.
- Equestrian Show Team Results - 12/1 & 12/2
- Alumna hired by Cleveland Browns
- Ohio Veterinarian Follows in Father’s UF Board of Trustees Footsteps
- January ’19 Educator Workshops to Focus on Helping Children Contend with Loss
- At Birchaven, Art Bridges Generational, Cognitive Gaps
- From Notion to Reality: Research in Air Pollution Leads to New Chamber