Candace Hendershot, a nurse and an adjunct faculty member at The University of Findlay, was recently awarded a $500 Love of Learning Award by The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation’s oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines.
She was one of 147 award recipients nationwide, and was initiated into the Society in 2014.
Hendershot said she plans to use the funds to attend the National Association of Nurses Conference to network and learn more about creating a licensure program for school nurses at UF.
The Phi Kappa Phi Love of Learning Award program was initiated in 2007 to help fund graduate or professional studies, doctoral dissertations, continuing education, career development and travel related to teaching and studies for active Society members.
- Thomas A. Reineke Named to UF Board of Trustees
- Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic: University of Findlay Alumna Jenalee Hinds ‘01 M ‘03
- Making Futures ‘BRITE’: New Program to Offer Entrepreneurial Support
- Students Helping Students: SGA Funds Campus Improvements
- A Musical Path: University of Findlay Alumnus Lynn Hernandez '92
- Read the Label: Students Work Toward a Better Understanding