Candace Hendershot, a nurse and an adjunct faculty member at The University of Findlay, was recently awarded a $500 Love of Learning Award by The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation’s oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines.
She was one of 147 award recipients nationwide, and was initiated into the Society in 2014.
Hendershot said she plans to use the funds to attend the National Association of Nurses Conference to network and learn more about creating a licensure program for school nurses at UF.
The Phi Kappa Phi Love of Learning Award program was initiated in 2007 to help fund graduate or professional studies, doctoral dissertations, continuing education, career development and travel related to teaching and studies for active Society members.
- University Marching Band Adds Color Guard
- Still Studying Life: Biology Graduate Continues Education
- Stories in Space: University of Findlay and Findlay-Hancock Public Library Partner for Summer Education
- Nine Acclaimed Authors, Illustrators to Present at Mazza Museum Summer Conference ‘19
- Femininity Featured in Exhibition
- Big Heart for Art: University of Findlay’s Mazza Museum Coordinator Feels Blessed