Findlay Summer Choir’s inaugural concert will feature something for every music lover to enjoy! The free University of Findlay concert, to be held Aug. 26 at 3 p.m. in Marathon Center for the Performing Arts, will be performed by a newly formed community choir organized by SeaHwa Jung, director of choral activities at UF.
Featured selections will include John Leavitt’s Missa Festiva; J.S. Bach’s “Lobet den Hernn, alle Heiden, BWV 230”; “Deep River”; “You Raise Me Up”; “Wade in the Water”; “Bridge Over Troubled Water”; and “Jubilate Deo.”
Choir members have been rehearsing since June. They range in age from high-schoolers to senior citizens.
Admission will be free, but donations will be accepted to help fund the summer 2019 choir and assist with performing arts center costs. Concert sponsors include University of Findlay, Farmers and Merchants State Bank, Marathon Center for the Performing Arts and Visit Findlay.
- University of Findlay College Credit Plus Program Receives Accreditation
- UF Alumna Named the 2021 Physical Therapist of the Year
- UF’s College of Pharmacy Ranks #1 Nationally in Residency Placement
- University of Findlay Mourns Loss of Former Acting President Louis Chenette
- Students Octavian Dungee and Ashlyn Coleman Receive UF Founders’ Awards
- Mazza Features Floyd Cooper and Jerry Pinkney in Celebration of Juneteenth