Calling all fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, coaches, teachers, grandparents, troop leaders and other adults and teens! Honor the kids in your life by writing letters of encouragement on March 16. Hosted in the Alumni Memorial Union’s Fireside Lounge, Absolutely Incredible Kid Day celebrates the children in your life.
The event will take place from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. The community is welcome to join students, faculty and staff in writing letters of encouragement and inspiration to the kids in their lives and in the community.
Absolutely Incredible Kid Day is a national campaign sponsored by Camp Fire, a non-profit organization that hosts programs for children and teens that promote education, build confidence and provide hands-on leadership experience.
Corporations and other philanthropic partners help celebrate Absolutely Incredible Kid Day around the country. As well as writing letters, adults and teens are asked to post, tweet, hashtag (#AIKD) and Instagram notes to show the kids in their lives how much they are appreciated.
In the AMU you will find stationary, stickers, markers, envelopes, sample letters and other supplies to begin your own letter of love and encouragement. If you don’t have any special kids in your life, no worries! The University will provide a list of children’s names from the community who would love to receive a simple letter of inspiration from you.
The University of Findlay has been hosting Absolutely Incredible Kid Day letter writing sessions for over 10 years. The Campus Program Board, a student-led group that strives to bring high-quality, diverse entertainment to campus, hosts this program. For more information, please call 419-434-4606.
- Memorial Service at UF to be Held in Remembrance of Former Board of Trustees Member
- UF Helping Hands Food Drive Collects More than 115,000 Pounds for Regional Residents in Need
- From Field Medic to Nursing Grad: Navy Veteran Uses Medical Experience to Earn BSN
- Holiday Choral Concerts to Showcase Latin Mass Adaptation of ‘Gloria’
- MLB Pitcher Jerry Blevins and Zoo Manager Sue Young to Present at Upcoming Fridays at Findlay Sessions
- From Campus to Combat: Former Student Makes Sacrifice