The Jabali African Acrobats will perform at 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18, at The University of Findlay in the Winebrenner Theological Seminary.
Pre-sale tickets are available from the UF Box Office, located in the Alumni Memorial Union. Community tickets are $5. The show is family friendly, and doors open at 7:30 p.m. The UF Box Office phone number is 419-434-5335.
The Jabali African Acrobats combine athletics – acrobatics, contortions, tumbling, human pyramids and chair balancing – and dance – Congo snake dance, the flaming limbo bar dance – with skip rope footwork techniques, comedy and electrifying music. Audience participation is included.
The group performs for festivals, NBA and college halftime shows, and they tour regularly with the Harlem Globetrotters. They also have performed by special invitation for President Clinton at the White House, the Big Top Universoul Circus, the Big Apple Circus, ESPN Sports Television Network, the “Crook and Chase Show,” “Late Night with David Letterman” and others.
The Jabali African Acrobats are performing on campus as part of Diversity Month at the University.
- Faith, Flexibility and Forethought: Alumnus Phillip Riegle ’00 Stays Close to Roots
- Slippery Elm Literary Journal Hosts Deanna Tulley Multimedia Contest
- Religion Professor Publishes Monograph About Korean Philosopher Ham Sok Hon
- Findlay’s Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability Program Receives Reaccreditation
- UF Theatre Presents Free Online Improv Show Directed by Alumna
- UF Pharmacy Alumna Awarded a Department of Veterans Affairs Coin