As part of the Music Bach’s Series at The University of Findlay, the Jack Taylor Quartet will perform and a live “draw-off” will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Jan. 13, in the Alumni Memorial Union (AMU). There is no cost to attend, and tickets are not required.
The Jack Taylor Quartet appears regularly at a variety of venues in the area. Featured artist is Jack Taylor, saxophonist and director of bands at UF. Other members of the band include Eric Dickey, pianist; John Johnson, bass; and Scott Kretzer, drums, instructor at UF and drum line director for the Oiler Marching Brass.
The band members met through their affiliation with the Toledo Jazz Orchestra. The group performs original material, along with standard jazz selections.
While the quarter is performing, students will draw the performers. The quartet members will choose the winner of the draw-off following the performance, and the artist will be awarded with a solo exhibit in The Cave, located in the AMU.
Any UF student is welcome to participate. The Fine Arts Society, a UF student organization, is hosting the draw-off competition. Students who wish to compete in the draw-off are asked to sign in the day of the event by 11:25 a.m. Work must be submitted for consideration by 1 p.m.
The Music Bach’s Series at The University of Findlay is entirely managed and organized by a student-led organization, the Campus Program Board, which works to bring high-quality entertainment to campus.
Questions about the program may be directed to 419-434-4606.
- Mazza Museum Collaborating with Toledo Zoo on Art Gallery in Renovated ProMedica Museum of Natural History
- Research Project Designed to Positively Impact Struggling Rural Japanese Communities
- Lisa Vignerot ’87 Named to UF Board of Trustees
- Intensive English Language Program Receives 10-Year Reaccreditation
- From Plans to Reality: Matt Stimmel ’02 Finds His Calling
- Environment, Health, Safety, and Sustainability Major Offered at Findlay