Showto, a resident of Japan known as Laughing Man, will visit The University of Findlay to practice Rakugo, a centuries old oral tradition of Japanese comedic storytelling. He will perform in the Alumni Memorial Union’s Endly Room at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 8. The public event will be free.
Rakugo dates back to the end of the 17th century. Showto performs it in both English and Japanese, and has appeared on stage in New Zealand, Boston, New York, Washington, D.C. and elsewhere. His October performance will mark his fifth visit to UF.
Refreshments will be provided at the event, which is sponsored by the UF Convocation Committee. For more information, contact Cathy Donovan at (419) 434-4711, or at Donovan@findlay.edu.
- A Place Called Home: Findlay Alumna Succeeds Right Where She was Raised
- UF to Hold Virtual MLK, Jr. Celebration
- Online MS in Environmental, Safety, & Health Management Ranked Top 10 for 2021
- Brian D. Whitaker Receives Teaching Award for Food and Agricultural Sciences
- UF Welcomes ’21 Donnell Broadway Concert Series Guest Artist Matthew Hydzik
- UF Faculty Tips: Winter Pet Health