Showto, a resident of Japan known as Laughing Man, will visit The University of Findlay to practice Rakugo, a centuries old oral tradition of Japanese comedic storytelling. He will perform in the Alumni Memorial Union’s Endly Room at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 8. The public event will be free.
Rakugo dates back to the end of the 17th century. Showto performs it in both English and Japanese, and has appeared on stage in New Zealand, Boston, New York, Washington, D.C. and elsewhere. His October performance will mark his fifth visit to UF.
Refreshments will be provided at the event, which is sponsored by the UF Convocation Committee. For more information, contact Cathy Donovan at (419) 434-4711, or at Donovan@findlay.edu.
- Stunning, Silly Stuntmen will Show Off Talents at UF
- Assistant Dean of Pharmacy Recognized for Work in the War Against Addiction
- Battling the Revival of Nicotine Addictions through Education
- Six Acclaimed Illustrators and Authors to Attend Mazza Museum’s ’19 Weekend Conference
- Leadership and Public Policy Pro Anita Perez Ferguson to Serve as ’19 Woodrow Wilson Visiting Fellow
- The Astronomical World of Harry Potter