Showto, a resident of Japan known as Laughing Man, will visit The University of Findlay to practice Rakugo, a centuries old oral tradition of Japanese comedic storytelling. He will perform in the Alumni Memorial Union’s Endly Room at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 8. The public event will be free.
Rakugo dates back to the end of the 17th century. Showto performs it in both English and Japanese, and has appeared on stage in New Zealand, Boston, New York, Washington, D.C. and elsewhere. His October performance will mark his fifth visit to UF.
Refreshments will be provided at the event, which is sponsored by the UF Convocation Committee. For more information, contact Cathy Donovan at (419) 434-4711, or at Donovan@findlay.edu.
- Retired Basketball Coach and Former Blackhawk Pilot to Speak at ’19 UF Commencement
- Edgar Kunz to Give Poetry Reading with UF Seniors
- Inspirational Melodies to be Performed at Spring ’19 Band Concert
- Battling the Revival of Nicotine Addictions through Education
- Innovative Leadership Challenge Winners Announced
- Spring ’19 U.S. Naturalization Ceremony to be Held at UF