Showto, a resident of Japan known as Laughing Man, will visit The University of Findlay to practice Rakugo, a centuries old oral tradition of Japanese comedic storytelling. He will perform in the Alumni Memorial Union’s Endly Room at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 8. The public event will be free.
Rakugo dates back to the end of the 17th century. Showto performs it in both English and Japanese, and has appeared on stage in New Zealand, Boston, New York, Washington, D.C. and elsewhere. His October performance will mark his fifth visit to UF.
Refreshments will be provided at the event, which is sponsored by the UF Convocation Committee. For more information, contact Cathy Donovan at (419) 434-4711, or at Donovan@findlay.edu.
- New Partnership Between University of Findlay, Tiffin University and Ashland University Offers Reduced Graduate Tuition for Employees
- SGA Unmasks Headliner for Spring Music Festival
- Daniel Hill Speaks on How to Continue Martin Luther King Jr.'s Work at 2020 MLK Celebration
- Learning Here, Learning There: UF Alumna is in the Right Place
- University of Findlay awarded Choose Ohio First grant for computer science scholarships
- UF to Host “All That Jazz” for Annual Pops Concert