Showto, a resident of Japan known as Laughing Man, will return to the University of Findlay to practice Rakugo, a centuries old oral tradition of Japanese comedic storytelling. He will perform in Virginia B. Gardner Fine Arts Pavilion’s Malcolm Dining Room on Wednesday, Oct. 4 at 6 p.m. The event will be free and open to the public.
Rakugo dates back to the end of the 17th century. Laughing Man performs it in both English and Japanese, and has appeared on stage in New Zealand, Boston, New York, Washington, D.C. and elsewhere. His October performance will mark his sixth visit to UF.
Refreshments will be provided at the event, which is sponsored by the UF Convocation Committee. For more information contact Cathy Donovan at 419-434-4711 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sonography Programs Director nominated for Jefferson Award
- Move Out, Pitch In: UF Urging Students to Recycle Belongings When They Leave Campus
- Findlay Students Win Highly Competitive Scholarships from National Organization
- Retired Basketball Coach and Former Blackhawk Pilot to Speak at ’19 UF Commencement
- Edgar Kunz to Give Poetry Reading with UF Seniors
- Inspirational Melodies to be Performed at Spring ’19 Band Concert