Showto, a resident of Japan known as Laughing Man, will return to the University of Findlay to practice Rakugo, a centuries old oral tradition of Japanese comedic storytelling. He will perform in Virginia B. Gardner Fine Arts Pavilion’s Malcolm Dining Room on Wednesday, Oct. 4 at 6 p.m. The event will be free and open to the public.
Rakugo dates back to the end of the 17th century. Laughing Man performs it in both English and Japanese, and has appeared on stage in New Zealand, Boston, New York, Washington, D.C. and elsewhere. His October performance will mark his sixth visit to UF.
Refreshments will be provided at the event, which is sponsored by the UF Convocation Committee. For more information contact Cathy Donovan at 419-434-4711 or at email@example.com.
- University of Findlay Launches Master’s Degree Program Building Capacity For High-Quality STEAM Instruction Featuring Discovery Education’s Innovative Professional Development Content
- Tony Award-Winner Beth Leavel to Return to UF for Concert
- Win the Day: Alumnus Cherishes Lessons and Relationships Borne by Time at UF
- Forum on Regional Workforce Development Challenges Focuses on Educational Endeavors
- Thankful Thursday ’19: UF Giving Tuesday Collection Soars
- A Different Path: Nicole Gerten ’15 Pays it Forward