Showto, a resident of Japan known as Laughing Man, will return to the University of Findlay to practice Rakugo, a centuries old oral tradition of Japanese comedic storytelling. He will perform in Virginia B. Gardner Fine Arts Pavilion’s Malcolm Dining Room on Wednesday, Oct. 4 at 6 p.m. The event will be free and open to the public.
Rakugo dates back to the end of the 17th century. Laughing Man performs it in both English and Japanese, and has appeared on stage in New Zealand, Boston, New York, Washington, D.C. and elsewhere. His October performance will mark his sixth visit to UF.
Refreshments will be provided at the event, which is sponsored by the UF Convocation Committee. For more information contact Cathy Donovan at 419-434-4711 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- University of Findlay Announces New Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Fighting on Two Fronts: Student Develops Tool to Aid in the Battle Against Opioid Addiction
- UF Comedy Jam to Return for 17th Season
- From Findlay to Festivals: UF Alumnus' Enthusiasm for Fun Knows No Bounds
- Biotech Brilliance: Findlay Chem Grad Advances Career in Lab Testing
- MLK, Jr. Week ’19 to Feature Student Diversity and Service