Song-Chong Lee, Ph.D., assistant professor of religious studies and philosophy, recently was awarded a $5,000 Summer Research Fellowship by the Wabash Center, funded by Lilly Endowment Inc. for his proposal “A Philosophical Problem of the Korean Church’s Missiological Use of Sports.”
Lee will investigate Korean missionaries’ inordinately systematic and strategic use of sports and make and evaluate the claim that they, as players, ignore the internal goods of sports and violate the informal or constitutive rules that players should adhere to in order to achieve “fair play.”
Lee also was invited to a prestigious Wabash Center Workshop: 2012-2013 Teaching and Learning Workshop for Pre-Tenure Religion Faculty in College and Universities.
- Thank You, Day of Giving Donors!
- Alumna’s Growing Nonprofit Calls Downtown Findlay Home for a Decade
- Physical Therapy Students to Host Community Wellness Day
- UF Receives Grants for Digital Storytelling and Entrepreneurial Student Projects
- Derrick Reveal: Senior Joseph O’Toole Confirms Suspicions
- 2019 IHSA Western Semifinals