The University of Findlay’s English department will host literary fiction writer Eric Goodman from 8 to 9 p.m. Thursday, March 29, in Room 254 of the Winebrenner Theological Seminary.
Goodman will do a reading and signing of his new book, “Twelfth and Race.”
Goodman is a professor of English and director of the creative writing program at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. He has experience in songwriting, television screen writing and travel writing. Goodman has four other published novels including “Child of My Right Hand,” “In Days of Awe,” “The First Time I Saw Jenny Hall” and “High on the Energy Bridge.”
Goodman’s newest novel, “Twelfth and Race,” was released March 1 by the University of Nebraska Press as part of the Flyover Fiction Series. According to Goodman’s website, the book is “a story of love, race and history set against a backdrop of racial problems in the fictional Midwest metropolis of Calhoun City, Miss.”
- Thank You, Day of Giving Donors!
- Alumna’s Growing Nonprofit Calls Downtown Findlay Home for a Decade
- Physical Therapy Students to Host Community Wellness Day
- UF Receives Grants for Digital Storytelling and Entrepreneurial Student Projects
- Derrick Reveal: Senior Joseph O’Toole Confirms Suspicions
- 2019 IHSA Western Semifinals