The University of Findlay Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will join at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 14 in Winebrenner Theological Seminary’s TLB Auditorium for the annual Winter Pops Concert.
Admission is free but tickets are required. They can be picked up at the door or reserved in advance at Marathon Center for the Performing Arts, 200 W. Main Cross St., (419) 423-2787.
“Love is in the Air” will be the theme for this Valentine’s Day program. The bands will perform “The Beatles: Love” music from the popular Cirque du Soliel show, music from “West Side Story,” highlights from “Phantom of the Opera” and more.
Featured soloist will be Kelly Lewis, saxophonist and pianist. Lewis, a staff accompanist and University music librarian, is a graduate of Tiffin Columbian High School and holds a bachelor’s degree in music from Bowling Green State University.
At intermission, senior members of the band will recognize the faculty or staff member at UF that has been most inspirational during their time at the University.
- UF Sets the Stage for 20th Annual Comedy Jam
- A Place Called Home: Findlay Alumna Succeeds Right Where She was Raised
- UF to Hold Virtual MLK, Jr. Celebration
- Online MS in Environmental, Safety, & Health Management Ranked Top 10 for 2021
- Brian D. Whitaker Receives Teaching Award for Food and Agricultural Sciences
- UF Welcomes ’21 Donnell Broadway Concert Series Guest Artist Matthew Hydzik