The University of Findlay Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will join at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 14 in Winebrenner Theological Seminary’s TLB Auditorium for the annual Winter Pops Concert.
Admission is free but tickets are required. They can be picked up at the door or reserved in advance at Marathon Center for the Performing Arts, 200 W. Main Cross St., (419) 423-2787.
“Love is in the Air” will be the theme for this Valentine’s Day program. The bands will perform “The Beatles: Love” music from the popular Cirque du Soliel show, music from “West Side Story,” highlights from “Phantom of the Opera” and more.
Featured soloist will be Kelly Lewis, saxophonist and pianist. Lewis, a staff accompanist and University music librarian, is a graduate of Tiffin Columbian High School and holds a bachelor’s degree in music from Bowling Green State University.
At intermission, senior members of the band will recognize the faculty or staff member at UF that has been most inspirational during their time at the University.
- University of Findlay Digital Media Club to Host Mock Election, ‘Rock the Mock’ on Oct. 27
- UF’s College of Education Mourns the Loss of Faculty Member Dr. John “Skip” Cindric
- Mazza Museum Brings Back Tales for Tots & Funday Sunday with a Twist
- That’s a Wrap on UF’s 2020 Virtual Homecoming!
- Ag Business Leaders to Discuss Changes and Challenges in Industry During Fridays at Findlay
- Acceptance and Growth: University of Findlay Alumnus is Happiest Right Here