Two Hancock County residents attending The University of Findlay placed second in a competitive marketing competition held on Oct. 17 at Aurora University in Illinois.
Jenna Jesko, a junior from Carey who is majoring in sport and event management, and Sam Yates, a junior marketing major from Arlington, competed against 20 teams in the “Make a Name for Yourself” Rich Harvest Farms Sports Promotion Competition, which focused on digital marketing methods.
Jesko and Yates were required to develop a presentation within 20 minutes using a one-page brief. They then had seven minutes to present their case, and three minutes to answer judges’ questions.
This event represented the first time that students from The University of Findlay attended and competed at a regional collegiate event sponsored by the American Marketing Association.
- Standout Staples: Regional Business Leaders Offer Advice for Professional Newbies
- Recovery Art Portraying Personal Journeys to be Presented
- College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Partners with 50 North to host ‘Ask the Professor’ Series
- UF Helping Hands Food Drive Increasing Collection Goal
- Leading the Way: Business Affiliates Scholarship Program Supports Students from the Region
- Mazza Museum’s Funday Sunday Series to Return in November