Money magazine has named the University of Findlay as one of the best colleges in America for 2018.
A total of 727 colleges made the list, with UF ranking 338; according to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are more than 3,000 four-year higher education institutions within the United States.
The magazine used information from sources such as the U.S. Department of Education and Peterson’s, along with its own data collection and analysis led by an American Institutes for Research/Colleges Measures researcher, to help its editorial board determine the rankings.
Factors editors considered included educational quality, affordability, and graduate and employment outcomes. The 2018 rankings methodology differs slightly from the 2017 rankings in that newly available federal information was used regarding graduation rates for transfer students and Pell Grant recipients.
“College is now the second-largest financial expenditure for many families, exceeded only by the purchase of a home,” Money’s website explains. “So it isn’t surprising that parents and students are taking a hard look at the costs and payoffs of any college they consider.”
- A Storied Issue: Fall ’18 FindlayMag Features Fascinating Narratives
- Winter College ’19 to Feature Talks on Finance, Fitness, Fortitude
- Renowned “Mamma Mia!” Star Judy McLane to Perform at UF in January ‘19
- Hollywood Artist Baltazar and Artworks from His Children’s Sci-Fi Epic “Timeless” Coming to UF
- Algorithms, Arithmetic and Aristotle: Student Combines Philosophy and Mathematics in Studies and Life
- Equestrian Show Team Results - 12/1 & 12/2