Money magazine has named the University of Findlay as one of the best colleges in America for 2018.
A total of 727 colleges made the list, with UF ranking 338; according to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are more than 3,000 four-year higher education institutions within the United States.
The magazine used information from sources such as the U.S. Department of Education and Peterson’s, along with its own data collection and analysis led by an American Institutes for Research/Colleges Measures researcher, to help its editorial board determine the rankings.
Factors editors considered included educational quality, affordability, and graduate and employment outcomes. The 2018 rankings methodology differs slightly from the 2017 rankings in that newly available federal information was used regarding graduation rates for transfer students and Pell Grant recipients.
“College is now the second-largest financial expenditure for many families, exceeded only by the purchase of a home,” Money’s website explains. “So it isn’t surprising that parents and students are taking a hard look at the costs and payoffs of any college they consider.”
- Unique Perspective: Alumnus Dallas Smith ’17 Believes in Service
- Prolific and Celebrated Prose Writer and Poet Nikki Grimes to Present at UF
- Broadway Sensation Laura Osnes to Perform at UF
- Athletics 101: Head Athletic Trainer at UF is More than Meets the Eye
- Cancer Fighting Compounds: Pharmacy Students Developing New Drug
- Lighting the Way: Sustainability Efforts Illuminating UF’s Western Farm