New freshmen in fall 2013 and current students majoring in environmental, safety and occupational health management at The University of Findlay are eligible to apply for a new scholarship established by BP America and the BP Foundation.
Those who have been accepted to UF and are planning to enroll at Findlay next fall are qualified to participate in a scholarship competition on Saturday, Dec. 8.
For more information, send an email to email@example.com.
Five $2,500 scholarships will be available. According to Timothy Murphy, Ph.D., chair of the environmental, safety and occupational health management program, BP wants to encourage young people to pursue careers in the environmental field.
The scholarships, which are renewable based upon reapplication and availability, will be awarded to students who meet the following criteria:
• Must be a full-time student at The University of Findlay, enrolled in the environmental, safety and occupational health management program or a student who has demonstrated an interest in an environmental career. Incoming freshmen also are eligible.
• Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
• Recipients must participate in a refinery tour and lunch with BP leadership.
First preference will be given to female and/or male students of African-American descent.
Second preference will be to any female student. Third preference will be to any qualifying student from the following counties: Lucas, Wood, Ottawa, Sandusky-Ohio or Monroe or Lenawee-Michigan.
Preference also will be given to students who demonstrate financial need through the appropriate forms administered and/or recommended by The University of Findlay Financial Aid Office.
- UF Theatre Presents Free Online Improv Show Directed by Alumna
- UF Pharmacy Alumna Awarded a Department of Veterans Affairs Coin
- UF Earns Multiple Rankings in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 Best National Universities
- It’s a Virtual “Celebration of Oiler Nation” for Homecoming Weekend 2020
- Making Memories: Findlay College Alumnus Richard Crowder Navigates Toward Success
- Fall ‘20 Preview and Discovery Days Announced for Prospective Students