As part of the Music Bach’s Series at The University of Findlay, singer-songwriter and guitarist Caleb Hawley will perform from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, March 2, in the Alumni Memorial Union (AMU). There is no cost to attend, and tickets are not required.
The audience is encouraged to bring lunch or purchase lunch from The Cave inside the AMU. Concert-goers may come and go during the show as schedules permit.
Hawley, from New York City, recently released a CD, “Steps,” that has drawn fans of pop, jazz and modern folk music. He also earned fans after appearing on Season 10 of American Idol.
Hawley’s awards include the John Lennon Songwriting Contest (’09) and the New York Songwriter’s Circle contest (’08, ’09). He has shared the stage and opened for artists such as Rusted Root, Marc Cohn and the Dave Matthews Band. Hawley often is compared to Stevie Wonder, James Taylor and Raul Midon as he mixes their music into his live show.
Hawley is a graduate of Berklee College of Music with a degree in jazz composition.
The Music Bach’s Series at The University of Findlay is entirely managed and organized by a student-led organization, the Campus Program Board, which works to bring high-quality entertainment to campus.
Questions about the program may be directed to 419-434-4606.
- Klingler Named University of Findlay Alumni Director
- Choose Your Inspiration: Karen Beard M ‘96 Looks Back
- UF Hosting its 3rd Annual International Mother Language Day Event
- University of Findlay to Host “The Future of Food” Event on Campus
- University of Findlay’s Mazza Museum Celebrates Women’s Suffrage Movement Anniversary
- Alum to Speak about Ugandan National Forensic DNA Laboratory Fellowship