Attention University of Findlay community, family and friends: Celebrate the first day of spring this year by taking part in UF’s Day of Giving! This 24-hour opportunity to #OilerUpGiveBack will begin at noon on Wednesday, March 20, and end at noon on March 21. Incentives abound for donating during this time.
Financial contributions will not only help students achieve their educational goals, but inspire others to donate too; all are encouraged to participate. Every little bit helps, as any scholarship earner or student researcher will tell you.
Here are 10 great reasons to participate in Day of Giving:
- The first 250 donors to give any amount to any area will have their gift matched with $100 to the Findlay Fund, thanks to a generous donor. This fund has the greatest impact for all students.
- Cross off a bucket list item by ringing in spring at the kickoff event at the bell tower on Cory Street Mall! Those who donate will be able to ring the large bell anytime from noon to 2 p.m. on March 20 to celebrate their gift to UF. Be sure to arrive early – the free pizza won’t last forever.
- Donating will be easier than ever, thanks to GiveCampus, an online service that works seamlessly and rapidly.
- You can donate any amount.
- Gifts can be designated toward any University of Findlay area, such as the Oilers Club that assists student-athletes, the Mazza Museum Fund, and one of UF’s six colleges.
- Increase your Day of Giving impact by becoming an Advocate. Create a free online account by registering on March 20 at GiveCampus Campaign. For more information on how to do so, click here. This will help you spread the news on social media and challenge others to give.
- Don’t be modest – brag about your altruism by using the graphics in our social media toolkit.
- You can donate anonymously. Simply indicate this preference while giving.
- All gifts will be tax deductible. Donors will receive a mailed receipt.
- The Day of Giving goal: 250 donors.
For more information, contact Joe Edens, assistant director of annual giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 419-434-5653.