Get ready for OilerTHON17! Circle K’s Miracle Network Dance Marathon, open to the community, will again raise funds for those being treated at Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) Hospitals, including Mercy Children’s Hospital in Toledo.
The UF event will be Nov. 11 from noon to 10 p.m. in the Koehler Fitness and Recreation Center. This family-friendly fundraiser will feature music, food, games, inflatables, an auction, and, of course, dancing.
Leading up to the day have been a Minute for Mercy drive at UF’s home football game on Sept. 9 and at the Sept. 15 volleyball game in Croy Gymnasium. During one minute of halftime, spare change was collected to help 62 children who receive services every 60 seconds at a CMN Hospital.
Circle K will also celebrate Children’s Health Day on Monday, Oct. 2 from 6-8 p.m. in Malcolm Dining Hall. Visitors will be able to meet a Miracle child, hear their story and make a craft.
UF’s Circle K chapter raised $33,397 during 2016 dance marathon activities. This year’s goal is $40,000. Since fundraising began in 2010, the chapter has collected more than $103,000 for Toledo’s Mercy Children’s Hospital.
To follow the group’s progress and be reminded of upcoming events, follow it on Facebook at UF Miracle Network Dance Marathon, Instagram, Twitter @UFMNDM, or Snapchat @findlaydm.
- Standout Staples: Regional Business Leaders Offer Advice for Professional Newbies
- Recovery Art Portraying Personal Journeys to be Presented
- College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Partners with 50 North to host ‘Ask the Professor’ Series
- UF Helping Hands Food Drive Increasing Collection Goal
- Leading the Way: Business Affiliates Scholarship Program Supports Students from the Region
- Mazza Museum’s Funday Sunday Series to Return in November