Dr. Walter Brueggemann, an Old Testament scholar and influential theologian, will be speaking about “Fidelity Amid the Seductions of Certitude” at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 17 in Winebrenner Theological Seminary.
Brueggemann, an ordained minister in the United Church of Christ, is a William Marcellus McPheeters professor emeritus of Old Testament at Columbia University. He was a faculty member at Eden Theological Seminary from 1961 to 1986, and at Columbia Theological Seminary from 1986 to 2003.
He has authored more than 100 books and scholarly articles, in particular a rhetorical-critical examination of the Old Testament through the lenses of “testimony, dispute and advocacy.”
Brueggemann’s emphasis of particularly theologically significant words, coupled with his penchant for pairing literary and sociological modes when reading the Bible, has made him a popular speaker.
This free, public event is part of the DeBow and Catherine Moore Freed Contemporary Christian Lecture Series.
For more information on Brueggemann, visit his website at http://www.walterbrueggemann.com/ and watch him on YouTube.
- University Marching Band Adds Color Guard
- Still Studying Life: Biology Graduate Continues Education
- Stories in Space: University of Findlay and Findlay-Hancock Public Library Partner for Summer Education
- Nine Acclaimed Authors, Illustrators to Present at Mazza Museum Summer Conference ‘19
- Femininity Featured in Exhibition
- Big Heart for Art: University of Findlay’s Mazza Museum Coordinator Feels Blessed