Sixteen talented teen riders from across the nation will be converging at The University of Findlay’s English Equestrian Farm this weekend, Nov. 14-16, to learn skills under the tutelage of Olympic gold medalist Peter Wylde and participate in a Nation’s Cup-style competition.
The public is invited to observe for free this United States Hunter Jumper Association’s Emerging Athletes Program National Training Session, the second to be held at the University’s James L. Child Jr. Equestrian Complex located just south of Findlay at 11178 Township Road 201.
From Friday through Sunday, riders ages 18 and younger will receive instruction in flat work and jumping, along with stable management and equine physiotherapy. Presentations on sports psychology and hoof care will also be provided.
Wylde was part of the United States Equestrian Team that won the team jumping gold at the 2004 Athens Olympic Games. This weekend he will be working with students in groups to hone their skills.
Training will begin at 8 a.m. each day. A full schedule can be found at www.findlayequestrianevents.com
Also taking place this weekend is the USHJA’s Horsemanship Quiz Challenge Finals. A total of 22 participants will be vying for recognition in the knowledge-based event that will allow them to display what they’ve learned hands-on over the weekend, and have them take a final exam.
Jessica Barno, a freshman at The University of Findlay, has been selected to serve as stable manager for the events.
For more information about the event or The University of Findlay’s Equestrian Studies Programs, contact Jill Paxton, Director of Equestrian Studies and Equine Management, at 419-434-5807 or at email@example.com.
- Faith, Flexibility and Forethought: Alumnus Phillip Riegle ’00 Stays Close to Roots
- Slippery Elm Literary Journal Hosts Deanna Tulley Multimedia Contest
- Religion Professor Publishes Monograph About Korean Philosopher Ham Sok Hon
- Findlay’s Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability Program Receives Reaccreditation
- UF Theatre Presents Free Online Improv Show Directed by Alumna
- UF Pharmacy Alumna Awarded a Department of Veterans Affairs Coin