The University of Findlay’s theater department will perform “Pride and Prejudice” at 8 p.m. Nov. 7-9 and at 2 p.m. Nov. 10-11 in the Egner Center for the Performing Arts, Powell Grimm Theatre.
Tickets are $5 for general admission and $3 for students and seniors. To reserve tickets, call the UF box office at 419-434-5335.
All the wit and romance of Jane Austin’s well-loved classic, ”Pride and Prejudice” come vividly to life in this adaptation by theatre legend Jon Jory.
Elizabeth Bennet is most certainly not looking for a husband as most young women her age are in 1813. But with an overzealous match-making mother and a string of unsuitable suitors, it becomes difficult to escape the subject. When young, handsome and arrogant Mr. Darcy comes into the picture, she has met her match. They are both headstrong and quite arrogant, filled with much pride and prejudice. They must unlearn their misconceptions and undo their misunderstandings in order to find true love.
Vicki McClurkin is the director for the show. Alaina Counts will portray Elizabeth Bennet, and Cameron Lightfoot will portray Mr. Darcy.
Kathy Newel, costume designer, created each detailed, period-specific costume for the production. She researched and created two military uniforms, men’s suits, bonnets and 35 gowns. The production includes 13 women filling 35 gowns and seven men filling eight suits. Men in the production do not change costume as much as the women, but a man’s single costume is just as time consuming as a woman’s entire wardrobe. Read more about the process involved with the costuming for the show.
- Standout Staples: Regional Business Leaders Offer Advice for Professional Newbies
- Recovery Art Portraying Personal Journeys to be Presented
- College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Partners with 50 North to host ‘Ask the Professor’ Series
- UF Helping Hands Food Drive Increasing Collection Goal
- Leading the Way: Business Affiliates Scholarship Program Supports Students from the Region
- Mazza Museum’s Funday Sunday Series to Return in November