Alyssa Grevenkamp, UF Broadcast Journalism major, is spending the summer as an intern at WFIN/WKXA/106.3 The Fox.
The focus of her internship is to advance her skills by writing scripts as well as news briefs and working on her on-air voice. Additionally, she is learning how to use different software in radio and how the sales side of the radio industry works.
When asked what her plans are after graduation, Alyssa stated “I would love to work for ESPN Radio or do something with ESPN when I graduate. It would be awesome to work with sports. If not ESPN, I would love to work for a radio station in Findlay or back home in Cincinnati.
This internship is an awesome experience so far. They give me a taste of almost everything that goes on in radio, which is great. You typically won’t find that in a big market internship too much because you will probably be given one or two specific duties for the majority of the time there. I like this because I can get a grasp of doing a lot of different things, which will make me better well-rounded when I graduate and get out into the working force. I’m really enjoying this opportunity with WFIN, WKXA, and 106.3 The Fox!”
- UF Telehealth Center has New Website, Offering Fellowship Opportunity
- University of Findlay Announces New Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Fighting on Two Fronts: Student Develops Tool to Aid in the Battle Against Opioid Addiction
- UF Comedy Jam to Return for 17th Season
- From Findlay to Festivals: UF Alumnus' Enthusiasm for Fun Knows No Bounds
- Biotech Brilliance: Findlay Chem Grad Advances Career in Lab Testing